View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 09:57 AM
My son lives in a rather pish posh place in Bath with a shared or 'communal' gardens (it's a converted academy) and he has no children or pets.

Not sure what your set up is but, if there is any sort of 'residents' committee' or management committee responsible for the upkeep of the garden, it would be worth approaching them honestly about the situation regarding your pets.

I know the 'shared' garden is the main reason my son is loathe to buy on his development they were very quick to inform him that dogs were not allowed in the garden when they knew I was visiting him and even complained about his wife 'skipping' with a rope on some of the lawn! He has lived there for more than a year and I've never seen ANYONE other than him and his wife use this lovely garden.

I too live where there are bits of 'jointly owned' or 'common use' property - including the pool and that brings problems too - again, usually the complainers are those who never use it. There is always someone who 'thinks they own the whole place' in my experience wherever any 'shared' facilities are concerned.

I would just make quite sure you make it clear what you EXPECT in regard to the garden and pets and see what they say. Good luck I appreciate it is difficult to find anywhere that will accept pets to start with and/or has any outside garden.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Moobli, I am only looking to rent, I am in no position to even consider buying.
I had to move out of my rented house just over a month ago as my landlady needed to move back in. I had to move in with my parents as having pets and being unemployed left me with no other option.
My rented house was supposed to be for as long as I wanted it, unfortunately I didn't predict my ladylady breaking up with her partner. Had lived there for nearly 3 years and it really was home.
Living with my parents (whilst I am very thankful they are putting us up) isn't fun, it is a small house and no room for me, not to mind two dogs and a cat!
Oh you poor thing - that isn't much fun at all Hope something turns up for you soon x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2