Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 11:38 PM

Feeling washed out... big bleed

Argh... I've been bleeding internally for a week now and it's no fun anymore. (Well it wasn't to begin with but you know what I mean!)

It's something I'm prone to and am on tablets for - it's like a period but not, because it's blood vessels that I shouldn't have in that area, that bleed.

I've just bled through the tablets - despte taking 3x the recommended dosage and 6x my dosage on Saturday

Been back to the doctor and requested a referral to a gynae - just realised last time I saw one was in children's hospital - and he's told me to come off the tablets altogether I nearly died before I was on the tablets!

I have something else to take in the meantime which we've tried before and it didn't stop the bleeding, but did slow it down and he's going to phone me after speaking to a gynae at the hospital...

The trouble is, because it's incredibly heavy bleeding (as it's not all menstrual), it's making me feel washed out and uncomfortable - I've become a couch potato!

Please keep fingers crossed we find an alternative, I've been on this medication for 5 years now after months of trying to find something that worked to stop the bleeding (before the medication I had been bleeding heavily for 18 months non stop). So please keep your fingers crossed that they find something else!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Awe hun I hope your feling better, I had endiometriosis for years so I sympathise. I feel like I spent most of my 20's and early 30's on the couch with a duvet over me. Hope your doctor gets it sorted.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Poor you, Lottie. Hope the Doc can sort it out for you honey. Hugs xoxox
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Hope all gets sorted Lottie, take care in the meantime.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Awww, sorry you are feeling so rough. Fingers crossed they get it sorted (I bet if men had periods it would be ) and quickly.
Take Care
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Hoping they can sort something out Lottie.Mine was heavy periods last year and I was really ill so can understand how washed out you feel.(((Hugs))).xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 08:27 AM
sorry to hear i understand as i am having my first period since stopping the depot jab ....first one in 8 years and i'm flooding my GP says it normal ....it dosen;'t feel normal to me

hugs
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Awwww poor you I can well understand how tired you must be.It's bad enough for a few days or even wks but to be like that for years must be depressing.Have you been advised on diet to help cope with it all as you must feel drained all the time.You have mega ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) from me,hope they make it all better and soon,xxxxxxxxxxx
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh Lottie, poor you!

Are you eating iron rich foods to help balance the loss?
Presumably the doc is keeping an eye on your iron levels by doing regular blood tests?

I thought I had it bad with 2 day periods (with a weeks worth of pain and bleeding packed in!), I really cant imagine having to cope with that long term

soothing hugs and hot water bottles for you!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys...

I'm off work today, having a rest and waiting to see what happens on the new medication (best to be caught short at home than at work!)

Takara's decided that as I'm poorly, it's her duty to sleep on the sofa with me

I have some iron tablets - I just need to remember to take them

Becky - can you even imagine if men had periods?

Thanks all
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >