View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 01:24 PM
it was and is a big litter for her. she did and is doing well as 1st time mum.
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2005, 01:26 PM
i havent wieghed them yet, i feel really bad by keeping her away long enough to even check. how will i go about it? get someone to walk her for 10 minutes whilst i check?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 01:39 PM
might be better unless she is happy with you handling them,
get some kitchen scales and use them but then you need to id them so you know what they weigh and the weight gained.
the main thing is that you can see they are getting bigger and stonger.
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2005, 01:40 PM
id them? how would i do that ?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Write down any distinguishing marks and number then, hopefully their all a bit different

eg. No 1 has white tip on tail
Meg
Supervisor

21-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi Shibby don't worry too much about weight and things, this poor bitch has a bit of a rough time having to change homes just before she whelps then having a huge litter..I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure she gets plenty of good food and liquids while feeding that lot...did you try her with some honey in water... Sounds as if you are doing really well but you do need to be on the watch for problems when a bitch has a litter that size and the person who had her before may not have fed her that well earlier in her pregnancy .
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2005, 02:21 PM
she gets plenty to eat and drink. water is always avaliable and food is 3 times a day.

have just gone to check on her to find a little girl has died. im not sure how or why but we'll take her body to the vets and see if he can tell. i hope it wasnt anything i have done wrong, she looked fed, so i dont think it was because she couldnt get to the teats. will the vet be able to tell me?

sleep tight little one.

i hate the thought of them not belonging anywhere, so like henri, i will name her.

good night amilie x x x

sorry ive messed up everyone i am trying
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Dont blame yourself, sometimes these things happen! Really sorry to hear about your loss!
Annestaff
Supervisor

21-09-2005, 02:24 PM
So sorry Don't beat yourself up about it being your fault , it isn't You have a hugh litter there and these things happen. She could have been very poorly and there's absolutly nothing you or anyone could have done about it, so chin up and keep going your doing a great job.
Meg
Supervisor

21-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Shibby very often when a puppy dies there is a good reason and better to die now when it has very little conciousness and feeling than when it gets bigger having suffered pain at this age they have little feeling except on the top of their heads..the rest is mainly instinct. Pups that have something wrong with them look/smell and sound wrong to the bitch and she often push them to the side of the bed with her nose.. don't worry about it ..it is not your fault.
Page 11 of 32 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »