Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi it was very busy yesterday,and there is a little place for fire engines to stop and get water,the chap who does the car park saw my blue badge and let us in there,there was one other car,but that was there when we arrived,we believe maybe wrongly, that the car in question belonged to a fisherman,did ask the man in the car park,but he couldnt tell us,as not only fishing but also a ice cream van is there most of the day,other people usually walk because they are visiting,didnt see anyone else with dogs,you do if you go before eight.Mine are big dogs so normally large,but I was speaking to my neigbour,its a renowned beauty spot,and there has been some anti-dog,but he reckons if they maintained the bin,or have a few more,other folk using the river wouldnt get riled about dog owners leaving there bags all over the shop Gemini54
So you left a full poo bag on someone's car, who may or may not have been the culprit who left a note on your windscreen...

In other words, the person who left the note was write....you don't take your dogs poo home, you dump it for others to deal with
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2013, 05:25 PM
We had a walk once round a beauty spot, but when we got back to the car park there were no bins at all. For some strange reason, the rest of the family did not want the poo bags in the car while they were eating their sandwiches (it was a bitterly cold day) so I put the bags on the roof of the car intending to bring them in to take home when we had finished. You've guessed it - I forgot, and we drove off with them still on the roof of the car. Needless to say, they weren't there when we got home.

Once I accidentally dropped a very full bag in Tatton Park. Being the responsible person I am, the next day I took exactly the same route to try and find it. I found the bag - ripped open and empty. Would that have been a fox?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
No comment from me, everyone else has said exactly what I was thinking!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi There was only one other car next to us,and from what my neigbour who fishes there says is that the fisherman have an anti dog thing and blames all dog owners for messing up the river,as there was an incident some months ago when poo bags were floating in the river and normally most of the dog owners go early to avoid any trouble,we were unaware of the problems,and we had intended to take the poo bags home but because of the note accusing us of NOT PICKING UP my OH felt aggrieved,I know 2 wrongs dont't make a right,but when you do the right thing by picking up,and then find no bins,and we were fully intending to take it home,we didnt leave ours to mar the beauty of the river,but our neigbour knows the Water Baliff,and is going to have a word and try to get more bins,so in a way this incident I hope will help dog owners and fisherman to enjoy this spot Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 10:01 PM
But, at the end of the day Gemini, in the absence of dog bins, WHO IS going to deal with your dogs' poo or take it home? Not you obviously because you left it behind and it could well end up in the river bagged up like those that were being complained of because I sure as HELL would NOT take anyone else's dog poo home with me!
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2013, 10:15 PM
I do feel that this hysteria about dog poo is all part of the anti-dog culture. I hate picking up dog poo (I guess no one likes it) and prefer to kick and flick but sometimes have no choice but to scoop. I would feel like doing exactly as your OH did but unfortunately my OH is terribly sensible and wouldn't allow it.

My local parish council have laminated signs all around the local recreation ground asking people to blow the whistle on offenders. I find it really odd as I very rarely see anybody with their dog in the playing field - let alone any of the dogs fouling the grounds. I do however strongly suspect a lot of badgers and foxes use the verge alongside the hedge as their toilet and I do wonder how many people could tell the difference between badger/fox/dog poo - anyway I digress. The local parish council are extremely anti-dog.

Hi yesterday we went out for a walk by the river,my first really long walk for ages,we used our poo bags,but the bin hadnt been emptied and was alive.
We still had the poo bags and was going to dispose of them at home,anyway got back to the car,a note was left,saying we hadnt picked up,My OH saw red,as if people say things like that to the wrong people it carries a rather hefty fine,my OH scribbled a note and despite me telling him to leave it,he put the note on the persons windscreen and left te poo bags by the front wheel of the persons car.Why cant people mind there own business,it was obvious that the only bin was full as people had left full bags next to the bin,so an enjoyable walk was spoil by a spiteful busy body,we even saw a kingfisher with a fish.Gemini54
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi I just wish people would be more tolerant,the two groups involved both want the same thing a chance to go some where beautiful and enjoy their pursuits,whether it be dog walking or fishing,but probably due to a few who either dont like dogs or fishing and trying to claim the beauty spot as there own,a lot of ruffled feathers and you end up with a war,which in the end the beauty spot,will become a no go area only for walkers and tourists,and no money to put back,the beauty spot will become a barren area.Great result just because a few people cannot give each other respect for their chosen activities.Gemini54
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Love what hubby did!!
I would have done the same
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi I just wish people would be more tolerant,the two groups involved both want the same thing a chance to go some where beautiful and enjoy their pursuits,whether it be dog walking or fishing,but probably due to a few who either dont like dogs or fishing and trying to claim the beauty spot as there own,a lot of ruffled feathers and you end up with a war,which in the end the beauty spot,will become a no go area only for walkers and tourists,and no money to put back,the beauty spot will become a barren area.Great result just because a few people cannot give each other respect for their chosen activities.Gemini54
You are right the people who will suffer in this is the dog walker, due to them leaving mess around for others to deal with.

Sadly you have added to this reputation dog walkers have been labeled with by leaving YOUR dogs poo for others to deal with.

I think it's a bit of a lame argument from you to be honest, as you did one of the most despicable things a dog walker can do ....dumping your dogs mess for other people to clean up.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
Love what hubby did!!
I would have done the same
Then you would be fuelling the argument given by those who wish dog walkers to be banned from public parks......a very sensible thing to do ...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >