View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 05:48 PM
we went to see star wars last night,i had to stop myself from jumping up and cheering when the theme music started,i was sooooooooooo excited.(Yep-a complete star wars freak i am)Although i did keep screeching in my chair,Harvey kept looking at me and going 'shut up mum !!'He's chuffed though he was the first out of all his mates to watch it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
No it's a new movie not sure if it has been released or not in the cinema, it's got good reviews from the critics over in the UK, (english subtitles on it).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386342/

I'm sure it'll be cheaper to trek into London to see it...but would have been a nice excuse to go to Danmark :sigh:
Ahhhhhhh well it had premiere in the cinema in august 2004, so it cant be long before it comes out on dvd ....

I havent been in the cinema since I saw the new version of "Planet of the Apes" with hubba hubba Mark Wahlberg

Its too expenssive.

But if you come to Denmark, I'll go with ya to the cinema
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
:

Its too expenssive.
At my local multiscreen,adult entrance is £5.50 (children are £3.50) and hot buttered popcorn (yummy!) with large fizzy drink is another £5.50.

Kinda gets expensive when i take my niece & nephew!

I cannot wait until 'War of the Worlds' is released-even if it stars my all time least favourite actor-Tom Cruise.Still think it should have Richard Burtons narration from Jeff Waynes 70's musical version over the top as his voice brought the LP (remember these???) to life.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Tom cruise steve! i didnt know it was him, i thought it was will smith, oh how wrong i am lol! but i cant wait to see it cus the first one was classic
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Steve & Abe
At my local multiscreen,adult entrance is £5.50 (children are £3.50) and hot buttered popcorn (yummy!) with large fizzy drink is another £5.50.

Kinda gets expensive when i take my niece & nephew!

I cannot wait until 'War of the Worlds' is released-even if it stars my all time least favourite actor-Tom Cruise.Still think it should have Richard Burtons narration from Jeff Waynes 70's musical version over the top as his voice brought the LP (remember these???) to life.
Here I pay between £6.50 and 8.50 (depends on if its a premier or not.) and with popcorn and soda... well lets just say as I live on barely nothing as it is, it would be about a weeks foodmoney I would use on one night...
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2005, 09:11 AM
We're really lucky as we have a UGC cinema nearby. They have an unlimited card that costs £9.99 per month by direct debit and you can go as often as you like with it. At £5.50 for a normal admission you only need to go twice a month for it to have paid for itself. Mind you, it's only good value if you like to go to the cinema a lot

Lesley
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 10:24 AM
here its 6 50 for adults and 4 50 for children! plus the popcorn and sweets prob about 12 quid per person maybe 10 for a child!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3