View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks once again guys.. for keeping Noah in your thoughts.

We have a check up this morning at 10.50.. not sure if they'll need to do anything invasive (bloods etc.)

Catherine..
My heart goes out to you, i know just how you must be feeling. Noah pants a lot too.. but he's always been a bit of a panter. He hasn't been drinking that excessively.. but has always been a good pee'er.. I`m always amazed just how many times he can 'mark' when we are out.. we've always said 'how on earth can a dog have so much wee in their bladder'.. lol

Thinking of you and your guy..
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Oh Janie I am so very very sorry for you and your beautiful boy.

He is such a superb looking animal isn't he and in that last pic of him you would never think there was anything wrong with him.

I always worry about this with my big boy, that he will be trying to tell me something and I won't realise.

I have everything crossed for you both that he continues to respond well to the treatment and you have many happy times left together xx
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 11:40 AM
We are back from the vets.. he's very happy with Noah's progress. His Lymph Nodes are down about 25%. Because he's doing so well, he didn't take blood today, he wants to see Noah in 2 weeks and i've to take a urine sample.

All your positive vibes seem to be helping.. keep it up!

Many many thanks everyone
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm so glad he's doing well. I hope it continues for you both xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Oh that's great news Janie Sending lots more positive vibes for dear Noah to keep making such good progress.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Great news Janie.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 03:33 PM
so glad hes responding to treatment Janie, long may it continue....sending positive vibes xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Janie Inkas had a lymph node biopsy done, umpteen blood tests and we're still no further forward on what or why his glands swell up, he had 2 huge lumps in his throat , his glands at the front chest between the breast bone were swollen as were other glands in his body, I told the vet about addisons and auto immune disease, and they were concerned bout cancer too, nothing came back in his tests, they were all clear, eventually they had to put him on steroids to control the lumps , hes on 2 a day now and the lumps are gone, we tried weaning him off the tabs before 10 days in the swellings came back so hes been on a low dose steroid for 6 months now...this new vet wants to test him for lime disease, but doesn't want to take him off the tabs to make him ill to do the test, hes quite happy with how hes doing atm, inka was lethargic, refused to eat, panting...
How is Noah ? xx
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Janie Inkas had a lymph node biopsy done, umpteen blood tests and we're still no further forward on what or why his glands swell up, he had 2 huge lumps in his throat , his glands at the front chest between the breast bone were swollen as were other glands in his body, I told the vet about addisons and auto immune disease, and they were concerned bout cancer too, nothing came back in his tests, they were all clear, eventually they had to put him on steroids to control the lumps , hes on 2 a day now and the lumps are gone, we tried weaning him off the tabs before 10 days in the swellings came back so hes been on a low dose steroid for 6 months now...this new vet wants to test him for lime disease, but doesn't want to take him off the tabs to make him ill to do the test, hes quite happy with how hes doing atm, inka was lethargic, refused to eat, panting...
How is Noah ? xx
Noah has/had every symptom that Inka has/had. He still pants a fair bit but his breathing sounds much better.

His appetite now is insatiable.. he comes and asks me for more food every couple of hours or so.. I haven't the heart to say.. no, you've already been fed 6 times today.. lol.

All else with him is good, no probs with bladder.. isn't really drinking or peeing any more than usual. Got to take a urine sample with us at the next vet check.. 15th.

I am really glad that Inka is doing well.. even though you haven't got a proper diagnosis.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6