Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 08:04 PM

The perfect dog toy!

Between us, Takara and I have managed to create the perfect dog toy.

Takara got a bottle, I put some kibble in it and left the lid off, then the dosy so and so managed to chew the neck of the bottle so no kibble could get through.

It's kept her occupied (and frustrated) for ages!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
pmsl sounds like something Ben would do. Daft sod
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Love it!

Did something similar the other day with Jaz, we had one of those tubes you get at Christmas of maltesers or revels etc. Anyway I put some treats in and the lid was off but she couldn't figure it out and just kept rolling it around.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh that would have just got shredded. I think T thought she'd be clever and chew off the end of the bottle to make it easier, but her jaws are no match for Diet Coke plastic so she's just closed up the hole instead!

Well i've opened it again for her twice and she's done it again so she can stuff it!
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2008, 04:06 AM
hummmmmmmmm,chewing plastic?wow
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Sod off, I really can't be bothered to argue with you. She's always played with bottles and right now they've been put away because she's not being supervised. Give it up now - we all know I should be allowing her to chase gazelle on the back lawn!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Lottie, you may not agree with him but imo there is no need to talk to 3dognight like that.

He has a fair point - we've been having a go at him for his dogs chewing wood - chewing of plastic bottles could be as dangerous, though as you say, you only allow it when supervised.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Hali,

Yes, it could be just as dangerous and to be honest, had I known she would chew it she wouldn't have got it - she usually chomps the middle to make noise. It was obviously putting the kibble in it that made her want to chew on the end but she was supervised, and the one part that did come off was removed straight away whilst the rest of it just crushed together.

Today, because she's still wanting to chew it (and there's not a cat in hell's chance of getting the kibble out) I've cut it open and put the kibble in a kong - but oh wait! That's synthetic too! God forbid she should do what all dogs do and chew her kong!

Sorry hali but this thread had died a death... I've left the other thread alone to avoid getting into it and now this one has been ressurected.

I'm just not up for it at the moment and anybody who wants to criticise the way I bring up my dogs is probably going to end up seeing the worst side of me because I've heard enough.

Sorry, I'm just not in the mood.
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Wilma had fun with a plastic pop bottle last night,like you say as long as they are supervised wheres the problem.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2008, 07:04 PM
no worries ,no arguements ,no critisisms,just a poke.LOL