Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 11:56 PM

FUMING - Ferret Update

Right I've had enough now!

Came home tonight in a fairly good mood until my OH told me a lady up the road who had nothing to do with the ferret row thats been going on with me and my neighbours, had a massive go at him and was swearing at him and all sorts!

She said that she almost phoned the RSPCA on us and she would report us if one more week went past that they were not fully cleaned out

Like its any of her effin' business!!!!

I cannot handle this anymore and am sorry to say I will be calling the rescue centre tomorrow to see if they will take them in.

I stormed round to another neighbours who was apparently the first person who complained about the ferrets and the person who kicked up the arguments. and broke down in front of him explaining that not only are my ferrets OLD but one is half paralysed so i'd appreciate it if he didn't tell everyone my ferrets were too thin!!! he looked a bit worried but understood where I was coming from and said things were 'ok' between us.

I'm extremely upset this has got the entire street in an uproar when it is nothing to do with ANY of them! and the fact people are now walking up to my OH in the street and pointing in his face swearing, and basically telling him they could make our lives hell has made me extremely irate!!

OK rant over
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Aww sorry to hear the situation has got no better, some people just don't think about how their behaviour affects others.

I know you've been struggling to find time for your ferrets, but please make sure you rehome them cos it's what you think is best, rather than it being based on other peoples prejudices!

Chin up luv.
LolaDobie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Aw no, I'm so sorry to hear that! They are just busybodies who don't have a clue! On hearing how happy your ferrets are, and how they get on with your Dobie and are so well bonded with you, I would have to agree with Ripsnorter, that if you are happy with their condition, taking age and everything into account, you should stick to your guns! If they DO call out the RSPCA, they will check your animals' condition: hopefully if they have a clue it should be quite obvious how old they are, and you will be vindicated and shut them all up?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Hope all turns out well for you and you find the right solution to your problem.Sounds like you have awful Neighbours.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2006, 07:53 AM
How does the lady up the road know about your ferrets? does she share your garden as well ? Sounds to me like your " nice neighbours " have been doing a bit of muck spreading.
Try to distance yourself from them all and do what you think is best. Personally I would tell them all where to go.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worst
Your neighbours sound dreadful,haven't they got anything better to do, than gossip behind other's backs.
Don't let them get you down and tell them to mind there own,it's nothing to do with them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Wouldnt give in to my neighbours, its none of their business! What happens if they start on your dog?
dawn.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 09:51 AM
So sorry you are having to go through all this. I understand how hard it is to find time for all pets when working too, but as has been said, only rehome if YOU feel it is right not because your nosey horrible neighbours say so.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:04 AM
GOOD UPDATE

Well got some good news I guess, my sisters OH who lives 5mins away from me has agreed to take them on Meaning I can see them when I like, but I also know they will be looked after well as he knows a lot about them and knows what to feed them.

So I guess for now, this is sorted, now to punch my neighbour in the face for me loosing sleep over this last night!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
How does the lady up the road know about your ferrets? does she share your garden as well ? Sounds to me like your " nice neighbours " have been doing a bit of muck spreading.
Try to distance yourself from them all and do what you think is best. Personally I would tell them all where to go.
Thanks Trouble - Yeah it is communual Gardens however I know she hasn't actually seen them, the likelyhood is that someone else has told her and she just wanted to kick up a fuss.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >