View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 05:32 PM
perfect solution- dont have a bin! I know how crazy that sounds but it works! We just have a carrier bag that sits on a useless bit of side and when its full we put it out. We got sick of picking up rubish and replacing chewed bins ever since my first dog was a puppy 19 yrs ago we have had a carrier bag as a bin!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

17-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by franc1987
perfect solution- dont have a bin! I know how crazy that sounds but it works! We just have a carrier bag that sits on a useless bit of side and when its full we put it out. We got sick of picking up rubish and replacing chewed bins ever since my first dog was a puppy 19 yrs ago we have had a carrier bag as a bin!
LOL us too

No bin here, well there is still 1 knocking around somewhere but its never used any more, not for rubbish anyway.... well just OH rubbish/junk thats indispensable to him of course

Plastic bags are used & tucked away in the furthest corner of work top & dumped each day
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 09:26 AM
lol my mum would go mental! We can't fit one on the inside of a cupboard door and if we had a carrier bag of rubbish on the worktop it would drive mum crazy!

So far, our new bin appears to be pretty dog proof - I'll post a piccy later, the lid is too slippy for them to get their nose under and they're not big enough to stand on the pedal and reach their head in!
doamuk
New Member!
Male 

04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
You want better than a dog proof bin you want a Dally proof bin and i dont think they have been invented!!!!

We have exactly the same problem...the best solution...the old wooden chopping board placed on top of lid...Dal proof **touch wood**
Good luck! xx
hi i have found this bin hope it works

http://www.binsbins.co.uk/Simplehuma...arPedalBin.htm
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by doamuk View Post
hi i have found this bin hope it works

http://www.binsbins.co.uk/Simplehuma...arPedalBin.htm
just to let you knew this thread is 4 years old.

welcome to the forum
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I had this problem, was watching price-drop (I know sad) one night and they had an automatic lid bin, I just pass my hand over the sensor and it opens stays open long enough to throw item in and closes again, automatically, it can be switched off so it doesn't open aT ALL, I have found it great, the visiting kids are my problem they never stop playing with it, all I hear is whizzz, whizzzzzz, etc. sorry haven't got a link though.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2010, 10:29 PM
There is one that locks - I forget where I saw it though - maybe Wilkinson's or Argos?

If you have space you could try a normal plastic dustbin with bungee straps across the lid. (Until the dog works out how to chew through them, perhaps).
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2