Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 08:28 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all you Dogsey Peops

Just been catching up on last night's antics, mainly to see how our little Sash is doing, and glad to see you all behaved yourselves and didn't party well on into the night, and the place is spotless (makes a pleasant change!)

I hope everything has greatly improved with all of them this morning June, especially little Sasha now that she's eaten some chicken breast, let's hope you can build her up and her poops return to normal. You need some good luck for a change don't you.xxx

Well, this is the longest lie in we've ever had in our life I think, almost 8 o'clock when I got up and Zena hadn't even stirred I'm debating whether to wrap those carpal pads up for our walk, and if I slap on the Sudocreme, then a melonin non stick, bit of padding and vetwrap, and then I've thought about cutting the toe off a pair of baby socks, so that I can pull that right up over the dressing, things could all stay in place and they'll be protected from being scuffed and hurting her cos they do look sore. Good job I've got a vet appt tomorrow, but for her other problems, so I'll get him to take a look at them whilst I'm there.

It'll have to be the beach this morning even though the tide is still too far up, we'll just walk along the top for an hour or so.

We were busy yesterday finishing off some odd jobs around the house, so I never got to be on here much, but that'll all change today I hope, unless we go up to the van of course if it stays dry, cos we really must get that shut down properly for the winter. Dave has found his pot at the end of that rainbow, cos he had some premium bonds that he's had going for donkeys years, so he's cashing those in, so you never know, we might even have some wages in February, but if not, hopefully, he can pay any outstanding bills and I'll keep opening the cans of beans!

Cloudy but dry, no overnight frost as forecast, and now it looks like here in the South we won't be getting any snow tomorrow, just more rain, which is good news for Dave having to get to work early Tuesday morning, so things are looking up already.

Enjoy your Sunday
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Morning H and all,
Kyiro finally went for a wee at 5.30 this morning, it had been almost 48hrs since he had been and since then he has been drinking for England. Pleased to say he has finally eaten something just now too and made it up onto the chair.. But the poor lad is constantly whining and crying as he lays there. I suppose it must be quite painful losing a toe.

I am thrilled with my new windows and doors that were fitted yesterday, especially the French doors into the garden they are lovely. Not that I want to open them in this weather

Today I need to go and get some cheap venetian blinds for my front room window as with the new windows I cannot put nets up so am having to keep the curtains shut making it very dark and dismal in there. Then I just have to find someone to fit them for me too as I havn't a clue.

H, sorry to hear Zena is having foot problems again. Have you not got the Pawz boots she can put on?

I hope we don't get the snow forecast as I need to drive to and from the vets this week for Kyiros checks and bandage changes and Charly is working in London with a top Law firm for the week and needs to get the train each day. I would hate her to get stranded up there with no where to stay and we all know they stop the trains for the slightest bit of weather.

Hope you all have a good day, I had better go and start working my way through this pile of washing.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2013, 08:47 AM
'morning Helena, Bev, and all followers

Minus 7 here but sun is out and it's looking quite bright.

We sold half our Premium Bonds about 15 years ago and I've never regretted it, some people are lucky and some are not, we fall in the latter category

Hope you find a way to protect Zenas paw and you manage a walk, I'm sure the vet will fix her up tomorrow.

Best wishes to you and everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Morning Bev Awwww, poor Kyiro, I've been wondering how he's been doing since his op, but like you say, he's probably very sore with bearing the weight on it to take himself off outside, bless his heart, let's hope in a few day's time he'll be totally sound for once.

Those new windows sound lovely, especially the french doors into the garden, get you!!! I have a good blind company online that I use, they're not only cheap, but they're great blinds, I went for the wooden, wider slats, and never had a problem, delivery in a few days and nobody could match their price. I don't know if I can put a linkey up on here though?

Yes, I've got the extra large Pawz boots now, which look huge, but were the only size I could get in the end. I'm wondering though, whether they would go OVER or UP TO her carpal pad I don't want them rubbing on it, it's too sore, she needs a light dressing just to protect them from scrapes and hits, but I won't be chucking that ball of course this morning, only for her to catch it, not to run for it. I wish this dog would grow up sometimes!!

Enjoy your Sunday Bev.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Helena, Bev, and all followers

Minus 7 here but sun is out and it's looking quite bright.

We sold half our Premium Bonds about 15 years ago and I've never regretted it, some people are lucky and some are not, we fall in the latter category

Hope you find a way to protect Zenas paw and you manage a walk, I'm sure the vet will fix her up tomorrow.

Best wishes to you and everyone
Morning Harvey, and you're an early bird this morning Sounds very cold over there, but thankfully, it's still mild here. Stay warm then H
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

How lovely to have a lie I hope you manage to find a way to protect Zena's pads.

Harvey - ooh it is certainly cold over with you Keep warm.

Bev - Bless Kyiro for holding himself for so long. What a relief for him when he finally went His foot must be so sore and yes it must be so painful. I assume he has got painkillers. I can't imagine having to walk on an amputation site and a dislocated toe ... ouch
Your new windows and doors will be lovely and I bet they look fab as well.

I had a brilliant nights sleep but was woken with the boys wanting to go out at 7 ish. Flash is fine, and I thought Rucksack was as well, but alas he still has a dodgy tum. The trouble is I can't give him rice and chicken as he is intolerant of chicken and there is a huge question mark over the rice and I really don't want to experiment today. So I've just given him a very small amount of his Orijen (fishy one) which he hoovered up. I can't starve him as he brings bile up when his tummy is empty. He's the dog that I have to feed little and often.

They are both due to go to the groomers tomorrow, but if he is still upset I'll drop Flash off and take Rucksack to the vets to get some abs.

It is freakinginly cold here - no sign of rain and if anything the sun just might be planning on coming out. I've just heard the weather were they say that they've had snow in Kent and parts of Sussex.

Have a good day and I hope Kyiro's foot starts to hurt him less. I also hope that poor June got some sleep and that Sasha and the pups have all had a good night.

See you all later - keep warm folks.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Sssshhhhh the old head is a bit sore after last nights celebrations
H good luck at the van today and I hope Zenas feel are ok.
I'm glad Kyiro finely pee'd Bev and your windows and doors sound grand.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr Harvey
Jenny, poor old Rucksack, give him a hug from me.

Chilly here today but clear and dry.
Only 5 to lunch today, the love birds are spending the day alone
See you all later.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Good morning all.

Brrr, it's cold out there, but so far fine so we're off on our usual today.

Bit of a dilemma here, I'm told my sister has flu. My sister looks after my mum and is battling on if she has got it. If she has, I could do with getting over there for a few days, but ......

We have snow forecast. I'm terrified of driving in snow

Gary has a doctors appointment for Tuesday which he really could do with going to as he's still having dizzy spells and getting confused.

Without a car here, he can't get to the doctors as it's too far and not too many buses running.

Need to ring my sister in half an hour or so and see how she is then make a decision from there.

Why is life never simple???

Think I'd be tempted to give Zena a day off walking today Helena. If she's sore, she may appreciate it.

Have a good 'un all whatever you get up to x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Had a bit of a broken night, Sasha alternating between the vet bed by the baby gate to be with one of her siblings or coming to the vetbed by the couch,and nibbling my nose till I woke up, then I tickled her tummy and stroked her till we both went to sleep. No poos from her this morning as yet, moved the puppy pad to where I found the cow pat, which is a bit of a nuisance, but seen her using it for a wee, so it is in the right place for her now. Varied poos from the babies in the kitchen, I have no idea who is doing what, changed the paper and pads and someone nipped in and did another, I have no idea who. She has had the rest of the chicken breast this morning and some more sh!te and her iron tablet. AB's are at 11 am here, babies on their last ones today, hoping it is the AB's that are giving them the squits and once they are off them they will be OK, they are certainly eating and playing fine. Wasn't woken till 8.30 so they were merciful to me at least. Very cold here and frost, nipped out with girlies brekkies and having my own at the moment, tucked back up on the couch, with a streaming cold now to add to it all.
Hope Zena's feet are alright Helena, will she be OK doing any sort of walk on them, I know if one of mine cuts their foot I keep them in for a day or so till the soreness dies down then do a couple of days of short walks.
Will get some white fish out of the freezer for Madam's meals, she was really interested in the babies and their tripe this morning and disappointed she wasn't having any, seems to have accepted she is the one with her nose pressed up against the restaurant window poor little girl
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

I am sorry but I might be AWOL again most of the day as I really am a wee bit not well.

Keep warm and dry everyone.

xxx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »