Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Ohh ! glad I didn't work in that shop lol
Said sign was removed lol,xxxxxxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
To me a BYB is someone who breeds from there home, whats everyone elses definition?
Pardon ??? So if I breed a litter from a fully health tested(DNA/Clinical)ISDS Border Collie Bitch chosen because of the ability & health history of her pedigree & my Wukee(wo is will also be a fully health tested(DNA/Clinical)before being used at stud, then I am a BYB ??????????

What planet are you on ? My litter will be bred to continue a line of dogs who excell not just in looks, temperament & health, but also because they can do the job the breed was developed for, that makes me a BYB ??

Well this BYB has been responsible for the birth of several Police dogs(& the police bought them as puppies they were not given whilst out of control etc) For many good working Border Collie via my ISDS stud dog.

So being a BYB is a bad thing in your eyes & because my puppies are born & bred in the home & KC/ISDS registered & not in some anonymous kennels they are cr@p & they were all obviously very unhealthy & atypical of the breed & of course bred for the mega bucks I got for them

Words for once fail me

The KC is only a registry & unless ALL the breed clubs want compsulory health testing for their breed, the KC cannot refuse registration because health tests have not been done. It would be a restriction & trade & the KC would end up in court if anyone complained.

For example in GSDs the clubs that promote the breed as it is bred in Germany have for many years tried to bring this in for GSDs-however the clubs that promote the breed as it was in the 1950s veto it as they do not want to have to test their dogs for anything

The only way round the inevitable court case would be to require anyone breeding a litter & wanting to register they puppies with the KC to have to be a member of the KC, who could then impose all the restrictions they like(this is what the ISDS did with their registry
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
This is if the KC cared they could easily just not register un health tested litters
Good point, and I think with a little more time it will do just that...but remember the KC has no power it is completey voluntary.

Originally Posted by boobah
I agree with you to a certain extent but do not agree with endorsements.I'd never buy a puppy with endorsements because at end of day the dog I purchase doesn't wholly belong to me as you still hold all the rights to the dog.A good breeder will always bend over backwards to make sure their pups go to excellent homes and always be there for the owners of pups sold.Placing endorsements in my eyes makes for lazy breeders ,xxxxxxx
Not sure how placing endorsements make a breeder lazy!! where is the logic to that!!

A breeder who goes to the trouble of doing all she/he can able to ensure their pups are not used unscrupulously in the breding game, does not sound lazy to me.

Of-cause it can be abused..just like everything else... but if you have a problem with endorsements... its simple, dont buy from that breder , find one who does not endorse!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2009, 02:59 PM
This is if the KC cared they could easily just not register un health tested litters
Good point, and I think with a little more time it will do just that...but remember the KC has no power it is completey voluntary.

Originally Posted by boobah
I agree with you to a certain extent but do not agree with endorsements.I'd never buy a puppy with endorsements because at end of day the dog I purchase doesn't wholly belong to me as you still hold all the rights to the dog.A good breeder will always bend over backwards to make sure their pups go to excellent homes and always be there for the owners of pups sold.Placing endorsements in my eyes makes for lazy breeders ,xxxxxxx
Not sure how placing endorsements make a breeder lazy!! where is the logic to that!!

A breeder who goes to the trouble of doing all she/he can able to ensure their pups are not used unscrupulously in the breding game, does not sound lazy to me.

Of-cause it can be abused..just like everything else... but if you have a problem with endorsements... its simple, dont buy from that breeder , find one who does not endorse!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Logic being sitting back placing endorsements,end of worrying about their pups being bred from by anyone xxxxx
KarenJ
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:33 PM
It would worry me why people wouldn't want to buy pups which are endorsed. And it tells me they want to breed, and register said litter, which they can't do when they are endorsed. Plus I would also like to know what they are being bred to, as they could totally cock up the lines if they went with the wrong dog. People supposed to breed to make the breed better, and not set it back.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Our boys aren't endorsed, however, both are neutered. The breeder knew that I was not thinking of using them at stud and that I would be getting them neutered.

I'm sure if I had said I wanted to use them at stud, she would be more than happy to help me.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:44 PM
To me a BYB is someone who breeds from there home, whats everyone elses definition?
So that makes 95% of reputable breeders who breed from home back yard breeders? I am curious, did you get your dogs from responsible breeders, kcjack?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by KarenJ View Post
It would worry me why people wouldn't want to buy pups which are endorsed. And it tells me they want to breed, and register said litter, which they can't do when they are endorsed. Plus I would also like to know what they are being bred to, as they could totally cock up the lines if they went with the wrong dog. People supposed to breed to make the breed better, and not set it back.
I have 2 kc reg dogs and one unreg and none are endorsed I have never bred because I haven't wanted to but if I change my mind I can do so xxxxxxx
KarenJ
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Our boys aren't endorsed, however, both are neutered. The breeder knew that I was not thinking of using them at stud and that I would be getting them neutered.

I'm sure if I had said I wanted to use them at stud, she would be more than happy to help me.
Exactly, as I would do the same with the owners who bought any of my pups.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >