View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2008, 10:48 AM

Why is my life so complicated ? Sorry long post.

As some of you know Mum had another fall 9 weeks ago quite a bad one been in Hospital and rehab for 8 weeks, went home Monday.
Well her boiler had been playing up for ages and we had all told her to get it replaced but she wouldn't , so of course while she was in hospital it went wrong again her heating is left on low so the pipes do not freeze. I got the job of sorting it out and getting quotes for a new one which I did and was sold a good boiler but it had to have a digistat as I was told they do not do hard wire thermostats anymore and if she had a problem she just had to ring anytime and they would be out to sort out her problems unlike some other Companies.
I have been arguing with them over installation times as I was promised a 7 day installation and only got it after fighting with them and nearly having a nervous break down over it all. Problem solved you think, oh noooooo !!! on Monday Mum comes home heating all working then at 8.30pm it goes off Gorden had programmed it or so he thought for 6.00 am start and 10.00pm switch off.
BIL went round to try to sort it and couldn't so Tuesday when I arrive I have to phone the company and then the makers of the stat to try to re-programme and we then are told there is a fault with it, so have to fight tooth and nail to get a new one next day problem sorted you think like I did but once again another problem. It had so we thought been programmed for the times we asked and the Engineers say it was, but in the early hours it was on and was so hot Mum had to get up to open all the windows and had another fall not a bad one thank goodness.
Have been on to them again today they won't send any one around they think it can be sorted by the phone and re-programming so Nephew is going for me and is going to ring them to get talked through how to do it and hopefully it will all be ok.
I am now waiting to see if they will go and and change it to a hard wire stat which apparently are still available. After much arguing stressing Ollie out because I was getting stressed out and having to come off the phone because I was about to F&B at them, fingers crossed for me this all works out and I can start to lead an easy life.
I am letting my two Brothers know after this is sorted that if anything else goes wrong in the house do not inform me as I am not going to take responsibility for anything going wrong anymore, Gill knows and agrees with me 100%.
Sorry for the long post and well done if you have got this far, this is part of the reason I haven't been taking part and replying to others threads at the moment as I have once again had so much on my plate.
Thanks for listening to me moaning.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 11:11 AM
LOynn Hun I know exactly where your coming from. My sister and I have these problems with Mom too, well her place of living.

She had a new front door, all done by the council, double glazed and all the windows done, that was 18 months agao. We have reported to the council over and over again, the there is a leak somewhere on the door, and when it really rains she gets water on the hall carpet. They kept sending someone out on nice sunny days, and telling us they couldn't see a reason for a leak.
Eventually I rang age concern....just to enquire really who I can get on to, as she is in Lincoln and I am in Brimingham, calls cost a fortune....they were brilliant, don't know what they did, but it's been fixed now.

Best of luck.....hope you get some me time soon hun xxxxxx (((((( Hugs)))))))))
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Moan away hun. I know where your coming from. When my dad was alive, he lived about 20 miles away from me, we would spend endless hours phoning people for him, going round to fix things, like the remote control for the telly
But hey they are our parents and we would go to the ends of the earth for them eh!
Chin up, perhaps your brothers could step in and take some of the heat off you (sorry about the pun )
Sit down and have a cuppa
Elaine xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh Lynn, more and more cr*p coming your way. I'm totally with you and Gill regarding letting your brothers sort it out.

Back away, hon, for the sake of your sanity, back away!

x0x0x0x0x
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Poor you Its hard enough to sort things out for other people when everything goes smoothly. You've certainly done your share. Let your brothers do it next time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Thankyou all, taken all day but sorted. (Hope I am not speaking too soon). Nephew went round this morning, very technical minded and could see straight away they hadn't programmed it to go off at 10pm as asked, so he has that sorted (hopefully), BIL has told Mum to keep it turned down by the stat in case she has another problem.
The person I have been talking and arguing with all day has told me they are going to fit a hard wire stat in place of this digital one and we will have a simple programmer for the boiler with just two buttons as the boiler does not have a clock so the programmer will be its clock simple we hope so, he said he would of recommended that in the first place. I did ask the original salesman for something like this he told me they didn't do them anymore. I have been telling them they better sort it as they have mis-sold their product. If she falls again due to any problems with it this time we will be suing them.
They are fitting the new stat on the 10th. So after that as long as all is well I am officially retiring and will be informing Paul and Michael anymore problems I am not taking responsibility again.
Mine and Gills opinion is she shouldn't even be alone in the house anymore, Gill did mention it today but she isn't being receptive at the moment maybe if I stop doing everything and the others won't do it she will realise her independence is only possible through me doing everything.
Thankyou for listening and being there maybe I will get some time to respond to some posts again.