View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Some more (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) for you Lynn Don't I know EXACTLY how you are feeling!!!!! The times I've said what you've just said, i.e. the ".......all because Mum............" Oh I was there sooooo many, many times in the past. I just hope that one day, hopefully soon, you will be in the position I am in now, with everything done and dusted, with somebody taking good proper care of your Mum so you don't have half the worry of her. Sometimes I said to myself "why am I rushing around like a blue a*se fly here doing all this?????? Oh yes, coz SHE needs this, that or the other", and somehow, my whole life got put to one side, and that included both my dogs and my husband, and this can happen without you realising it!! It was only when my mum went into that Care Home,that things started to change, and I thought to myself, although I love her dearly and she needs this, that and the other, I am NOT prepared to forget that WE do have a life too! The best thing I EVER did was to get this current carer lady in, and at least this way, whatever needs doing, even if it IS for Mum, I can get on with it all in a nice, calm manner, unlike you by the sounds of it! That's understandable though, coz you're running around trying to get everything organised so she can get back home I know that, but pour another glass of that vino (and one for me!!!! )and sit yourself down and either pick up the phone and sort out the boiler another way, or phone the people you're already dealing with again and make another appointment if you haven't already for that surveyor. The trouble is Lynn, when everything is piling high on top of you, you start making silly mistakes because you're mind isn't on one thing or the other, it's all in such a mess with everything you have to do, and the only way to sort that out, is to try and relax, especially with a glass of vino and try and see it all in a different perspective, a list if you like, and then you'll be able to do it all slowly and efficiently!! I can soooooooo see where you're coming from Lynn, and also the direction in which you're heading and that's not good!!! Try not to snap at Gordon either when he walks through that door coz I know my poor old Dave always managed to get it off me when things had gone like your day!!! Once she's back home Lynn, it will get better, but let's just hope it stays that way and she behaves herself!!!

I feel quite guilty the way things are going so smoothly for me at the moment, even my dog isn't ripping his fur out anymore...... I wonder if THAT tells me something too!!!!! You take care, I'm always wondering how you're coping.xxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I will have to get OH to put a bandage on it then I can be like Ben and we can get waited on hand and sore foot
Sounds like a good idea.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2008, 05:06 PM
You lot sound like you need a long hot relaxing bath, followed by a massage, and then lots of chocolate and a bottle of wine, and to be waited on hand and foot for the rest of the evening----- well there's nothing wrong in dreaming is there.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
You lot sound like you need a long hot relaxing bath, followed by a massage, and then lots of chocolate and a bottle of wine, and to be waited on hand and foot for the rest of the evening----- well there's nothing wrong in dreaming is there.

Quite
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Helena you are so right. Never feel guilty because things are going your way now. Gorden is going to walk through the door knowing something has gone wrong because I am not meant to be here when he gets home. We had a good talk last week and he made me see he gets put on the back burner all the time and he always walks on egg shells with me, not a good or fair thing for a man who works hard and treats you so well all the time. Different if he was a g*t.
I phoned the boiler people and threatened to have the deposit back and report them to trading standards the survey is now for Thursday and installation Friday, so fingers crossed they have been warned one wrong move and thats their lot.
Mum will be going home if it hadn't been for this boiler issue I would of stayed away as I had promised myself this time, except for visiting.
I am going to say to my Brothers next time anything big goes wrong I will be staying away from it as I cannot keep taking the stress I have felt quite ill today. Poor Gill has had no time to convalesce and Mum is being a bit selfish I shall be having a firm but kind word when she gets home.
she had Gill running to the Hospital because she got in such a tizz about having to go into a care home for a few days. In the end the rehab centre kept her there but what about all the other old people that need her bed.
Note to self not to do this to my two boys.
Gill and I are having a day out together tomorrow as I told this man re: survey today I am not changing that for the world so you have to work around me now. I have been a grumpy mummy to Ollie all day as well so lots of cuddles for him.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2