Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2008, 06:58 AM

Our visit to see Mum yesterday.

Mum looked a little brighter than we were expecting as Brother had told us she had been feeling unwell Thursday and Friday. She still has a lot of pain through her back and tummy and says her tummy is very hard. Brother told us yesterday they have found something on the chest x-ray I think but do not know what it is or unsure so she had a scan on Friday and they seem to think that will make it clearer and they will be able to give us a diagnosis. Hopefully today.
She did say she had felt unwell Saturday night. She went to Church yesterday they wheeled her in her bed and she took Communion, we think it was to get the wafer as she is complaining she is so hungry as she is only allowed soup or jelly and ice cream. Brother did ring last night and said they allowed her a dinner to see how her stomach copes with solids, that was in the space of a few hours when we got home they had allowed her that.
She is not unhappy in the Hospital, but would obviously like to be home but she is accepting if she needs long term rehabilitation she will have to go to the Hospital near where she lives as she is under their clinic for the sarcoids and that is what her Doctor would prefer. she will only be 1/2 hour away from me and 10 mins from Gill but Gill will be recovering herself so it will be me in the week doing most of the visiting.
She has accepted she has to have home help when she goes home and I will not be getting stressed out and grumpy doing her shopping with her every week someone else can do that and we will potter in the garden and visit some nice places together on my day over there.
We had a cup of tea at Brothers on the way home and were worn out and got in about 7.30pm after leaving at 11.50 Ollie had been a star while we were out and we will be having a nice day together today.