Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
But we do know what it has been like on the ocassions we have been in hospital !! and I stand by what I originally said. MANY times I've been for myself or others, there have been far too many Drs/Nurses standing around chatting, when I have been waiting for soemthing to be done or waiting for them to bring something !!

I'm not saying it's in all hospitals, but having it in the 2 hospitals I've attended is bad enough !!
I meant from the perspective of someone who works in the NHS.

There will always be those that are bad at what they do, but so many more that are excellent at what they do. The proof of that is from the gratitude we get from patients and their families and the many, many thankyou cards we get from them also. I guess it's just a shame you've never experienced that?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I meant from the perspective of someone who works in the NHS.

There will always be those that are bad at what they do, but so many more that are excellent at what they do. The proof of that is from the gratitude we get from patients and their families and the many, many thankyou cards we get from them also. I guess it's just a shame you've never experienced that?
Ah yes, how to measure performance, count the thank you cards.
This is rubbish, anyone with any sense knows the NHS is going down the pan. I left because I was so disillusioned.
If only all people who are dissatisfied with their care were to write to the chief exec of the care trust then maybe they would all wake up and smell the urine eh I mean coffee.

Sorry Rips to go off topic, well sort of, I hope things get sorted with Mum. Make that complaint soon
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Ah yes, how to measure performance, count the thank you cards.
This is rubbish, anyone with any sense knows the NHS is going down the pan. I left because I was so disillusioned.
If only all people who are dissatisfied with their care were to write to the chief exec of the care trust then maybe they would all wake up and smell the urine eh I mean coffee.

Sorry Rips to go off topic, well sort of, I hope things get sorted with Mum. Make that complaint soon
Wow, I have to say I think that comment is incredibly rude! At no point did I say that the amount of thank you cards we got measured our performance, what a horrid thing to say???

What I said was I know we're not those type of the nurses many people on here are talking about (meaning my ward), purely by the reaction from the patients and relatives I care for. If we were bad, trust me we'd know about it!

As I said previously, I'm well aware that the NHS is going down the pan and actively encourage people to complain when the service is poor (see previous posts), but that does not make everyone in the NHS bad, uncaring and/or lazy.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry Rips, if the comment appeared rude, the rudness was not directed at you but rather at the system. I know for a fact that performance is often measured by the amount of thank you cards.
After 32 years I know only too well the difficulties and pressures nurses face.
I think the folk on here are raising very valid points centred around poor staffing, poor communication and lack of equipment. Unless we chip away at the trusts and complain and raise these issues little is done. This was proved recently with Helenas problems with her Mum.

My final sentance should have been addressed to Lynn, hope Mum gets well soon.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Sorry Rips, if the comment appeared rude, the rudness was not directed at you but rather at the system. I know for a fact that performance is often measured by the amount of thank you cards.
After 32 years I know only too well the difficulties and pressures nurses face.
I think the folk on here are raising very valid points centred around poor staffing, poor communication and lack of equipment. Unless we chip away at the trusts and complain and raise these issues little is done. This was proved recently with Helenas problems with her Mum.

My final sentance should have been addressed to Lynn, hope Mum gets well soon.
No problem.

As always with the NHS the big problem is money, and the "men in suits" desire to take it all and put it in their pockets, but that's a story for another time!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
No problem.

As always with the NHS the big problem is money, and the "men in suits" desire to take it all and put it in their pockets, but that's a story for another time!
Or, lets pull out of Iraq and spend that money on the NHS, yet another story
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Or Northern Rock - where the h*ll did all those Billions come from to prop that up?

Better shut up now, way off topic!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I totally agree with that comment. My dad has been dead for 10 years he always said the Goverment never has enough money for these important things but f there is a war they will find billions. He fought in the 2nd world war.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes, complain, if you don't as you say it will continue, could be a one off unfortunate incident but it needs addressing. Have some complaining to do on my own behalf but it does take some courage particularly if you are still not totally signed off, perhaps when you have dealt with you Mum you could come and complain for me.

Hope your Mum will start to feel a bit better now she has her medication.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4