Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2008, 08:47 PM

Is this a record 121/2 hours in A&E ?

My Sister had to go to Mum this morning at 3oclock as she was vomiting and passing blood had been for 2 hours. Gill called an ambulance and they took her to A&E I got there at 6am, Gill and Mum at 4.30 am 5pm this evening they were taking her to have a camera put down inside her and then on the ward the bed had been booked since 10.35 am but not ready till 5pm Gill and I are shattered Mum is a bit brighter as she has had two bags of saline, she also has to have a blood transfusion they think it could be a perforated ulcer due to the amount of years she has had to take steroids.Should know more tomorrow hopefully.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Good grief, honey, it never rains but it pours. Poor mum.... and I'm sure Gill could do without it as well.
Hugs to you all, Lynn. Hope things improve soon x0x
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 08:54 PM
That is shocking to say the least,feel so sorry for you all,what a wait.I've had a perforated ulcer before and it's not pleasant,I hope your mum gets the treatment quickly and recovers soon,xxxxxxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 08:55 PM
omg you must all be shattered xxxxx hope all is going to be ok.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Thankyou everyone.
Gill was struggling but would not go home and let me see to it on my own, and Mum is 88 in May and there is nothing of her and she was very uncomfortable on the trolley with only a thin mattress.
I can't fault the people in A&E how they kept calm and smiling when everything was backing up on them because for some reason the wards couldn't get their acts together I don't know.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Your poor mum, hopefully she will be on the mend ASAP.

Unfortunately its not a record and probably the norm these days, horrendous isn't it.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh dear hope your mum will be ok and back home again soon. The state of a lot of the hospitals these days is not good is it. Fingers crossed and hugs for you guys and your mum x