Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2008, 05:08 PM

What a day.

Youngest Son just e-mailed to say he has agreed to take on a flat this lunchtime and will be leaving home on the 22nd Feb.
And Gills devastating news earlier I think it is a good thing I have some wine in.
I am happy for my Son really as it means he is now settled good job and achieving what he has always wanted to be independent.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
That's good news for your son, but it's only natural you are going to miss him. Will he be very far away? I bet he will always popping home, bringing some little job for you likely
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 08:33 PM
.....like his washing. Boys never "really" leave home, mum....

Hugs Lynn - I know you're feeling awful at the moment. I hope the wine is "helping"

x0x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I think one of the best things you can do as a parent is make your children independent, you should be very proud of yourself.
Enjoy your wine, you deserve it xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Michael will be living in Bow in London we are in Harlow. Funny thing is he is the youngest and will be the furthest away and when he leaves home he will leave, unlike Mark the eldest who lives 5 minutes down the road and has left and been back home 3 times. He is settled and happy now and I don't see that much of him.
I will be ok and it has been coming for the past year but it hits home when they leave that I am getting older and they are grown up.
They can both cook,wash and iron so won't be needing me for that
The wine has helped.