View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Update on sister doesn't sound very hopeful.

Gill rang a little while ago just back from seeing consultant.The 3 sessions of chemo don't seem to of worked as they would of liked the mass has shrunk only 1/3rd of what they would of liked and apparently it is affecting the small bowel they said this last time and said it would not be a problem apparently today it is so they will not operate and she has to have one more chemo session then go back in two weeks. In between the chemo and returning for consultation she has to have another scan.
She still cannot eat he skirted round the question and whether this one more chemo session will help enough for her to get the op is looking doubtful.
She looks like a walking skeleton and BIL and myself wonder how much more chemo she can take and not being able to eat.
We have tried all the suggestions people kindly made last time but nothing stays down and thats if she can get it past her lips.
Feeling pretty downhearted about it all and poor Gill is crushed as she was hoping they were going to take her in to do the op she now is feeling very low over it all and she had to sit and wait for 31/2 hours to be seen even with BIL making a nuisance of himself.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh Lynn, I have missed a whole chunk of what's being going on with your sister, and when I asked you recently all was going quite well I thought? It now sounds pretty horrendous for poor Gill. I know my friend went through 6 months of chemo, but that was after they operated on her, and then of course she had all those weeks of radiotherapy. Why didn't they operate first on Gill then before she started the Chemo? Maybe they needed to shrink it first or kill it to make the op easier I guess? What can I say. I know the Chemo is pretty bad it's killing off just about everything inside her no wonder she feels so awful. There was a programme the other night on BBC1 all about it I don't know if you saw it?? Sometimes it just makes you wonder doesn't it, you know what I mean? A friend of mine had stomach cancer and told them she wouldn't be having the chemo and decided to take a holistic approach and she's still here 3 years later, BUT, again they operated on her first. I don't understand why it is that Gill has to have the chemo first, have they told her why? You can't make her eat if she feels sick, which she obviously does with the chemo. Hopefully, she might feel like it after her last session, if she goes for that, she may decline it though the way she's feeling. This must be awful for you to see her deteriorating like this, and I dread to think what it's doing to your dear old Mum too. I can't think of anything helpful, just to send my sincerest good wishes that things get better for her. I feel for you Lynn, I really do. xxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I am sorry to hear this Lynn. Your sister needs the Drs to be honest and above board about what is happening and what the prognosis is so she can make an informed decision about what treatment she wants and feels able to deal with. Big hugs Lynn.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 03:10 PM
So sorry to hear this, we were all hoping for better news for you all. xx
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear this Lyn.

Bg hugs to you all.

Jeanette
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 03:31 PM
So sorry that things are going as well as hoped for poor Gill.

Comforting hugs & positive thoughts on a constant stream to you all xxxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 03:45 PM

aww sending prayers for your sister and all the best xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Lynn. I think your sisters needs to be more forceful and ask the dr's to tell her exactly the prognosis. If she's unable to eat then that wont help in her recovery.
Thinking of you at this difficult time.
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 04:12 PM
So sorry to hear this news Lynn, not what we were all hoping for.

Just an idea, although I'm sure someone would have mentioned it had it been a possibility, as Gill cannot keep anything down would they be able to put a line into her stomach to feed her that way? I know it would be very unpleasant but it would be one way of building her up slightly for the ongoing treatment.

My thoughts are with you all and I hope that some good luck shines on you very soon.

Sheree xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 04:31 PM
So sorry things arent going to well, We're all thinking of you here and wishing Gill well.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >