View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Swifty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-08-2016, 01:56 AM
Wrong again, while every dog should love a good owner a dog also needs time to be a dog completely away from the owner. A good owner will understand this as well. A foolish domineering owner will demand that the dog be at their side 100 percent of the time, this is wrong..............
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2016, 07:27 AM
Seriously? How is any of his debate relevant to the original question????????????
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
Wrong again, while every dog should love a good owner a dog also needs time to be a dog completely away from the owner. A good owner will understand this as well. A foolish domineering owner will demand that the dog be at their side 100 percent of the time, this is wrong..............
You just don't get it do you? Do you actually understand what separation anxiety is? I am neither foolish nor domineering. Anything but. I just cannot be bothered to explain to you in detail. You are not interested in a good honest debate, you only want to harangue anybody who is stupid enough to get into a diatribe with you.
Swifty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
You just don't get it do you? Do you actually understand what separation anxiety is? I am neither foolish nor domineering. Anything but. I just cannot be bothered to explain to you in detail. You are not interested in a good honest debate, you only want to harangue anybody who is stupid enough to get into a diatribe with you.
Yes Gnasher I understand poor dog breeding and the related neuroses that go with this. However you are trying to make your dogs separation anxiety the rule of thumb for all dogs. This is wrong and narrow-minded. If we listened to you no dog could ever be separated from it's owner ever for any time. I am sorry for your dogs problems, but they just do not transfer to all other dogs.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Easy I worked 7am to 6 or 7pm, wife worked 6pm to 5 or 6am.
Mouse has a dog door and a good sized yard.
He can pick.

Some breeds are far more independent that others, as are some individual dogs.

Trust me you never want to own a EM and stick it outside or leave it alone for extremely long periods, they will destroy a yard or house if they get lonely and bored.

Wife is now home most of the time, and Mouse is beside her 95% of the time when I'm not home.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2016, 04:37 PM
I have two dogs one of which is an aloof, independent guardian breed, She loves her garden and house but although she very affectionate but not "cuddly" by nature she much prefers to spend her time alone.

My other dog, a terrier is totally different. He's always busy doing something, likes to "help" me round the house or in the garden, and never strays far from my side.

Neither of them have ever suffered from separation anxiety and I can leave them at home quite happily for several hours, knowing everything will be exactly as I left it!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I've done both, worked full time and had dogs who stayed at home, These days I don't work but I do have an income and can afford my dogs, I've also had a dog who came to work with me. So there is no one answer but whatever arrangement I've had it was to suit me and not the dogs. I've never had a dog with separation anxiety.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2