Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2016, 06:16 PM

Getting old

My springer spaniel Justin will be 12 in October. Yesterday I took him for a 4 mile walk & afterwards he was very weary indeed, I think that in future I will not be able to take him on walks of that length as it's too much for him at his age.
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2016, 07:36 PM
It is tough to see our beloved dogs get older. Mine is 9 and I have noticed it takes him longer to recover from activity. He is also slowing down more. He is a lab mixed with greyhound (or so the vet thinks). He definitely has lab in him but his father is unknown. Anyway, I love this dog to pieces and can't bear the thought of not having him by my side as he loves to be.
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
Yes all dog's will become like that! Because like human they are getting older and older. All we need to do is give them lots of love and treat them more special. Because a happy dog is make them younger even if they are getting old.
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Yes! The only sign Copper is showing of his age besides a greying face is what I mentioned above. He is such a great dog and up for a game of fetch any time of day. I do not play much fetch with him on really hot days though.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Quality of the walk is better than quantity. So not so far in one go. Spread the walks over the day but not so far in one go. Hope that makes sense.
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2016, 08:46 PM
I agree with the above poster about the quality of the walks. Still take him for walks but not as long and not on rough terrain.