register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you think his ears will stand up ?
Yes 0 0%
No 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Kylosmom
New Member!
Female 

11-08-2016, 05:19 PM

What's going on with his ears?

My dog Kylo is almost twelve weeks old,he's a mutt and we aren't sure what all he is mixed with. He has always had pretty wonky ears but this last week they have been all over the place. His right ears usually falls inward and will sometimes stand for a few seconds. Do you think he will have pricked ears??any info on ear taping to make them stand?NOT surgical cropping just taping
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	5158  
Kylosmom
New Member!
Female 

11-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Another pic
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	5159  
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2016, 07:14 PM
He's a beautiful and very sweet dog ... who cares whether he has floppy ears, erect ears or both?? I would just love him the way he is and however he turns out - Mr Floppy or Mr Stiffy (that sounds really rude, but it's not meant to be!).

Ben had 2 erect wolf-type ears until he decided to rip them to pieces with his powerful claws. He had a haematoma in each ear which has resulted in him being Mr Floppy - he is still as gorgeous as he ever was, and I don't give a fig!
Kylosmom
New Member!
Female 

11-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Of course we will love him either way,my husband just really likes the look of the pricked ears. We would never inflict pain just for him to have ears that stand,We love his crazy ears and didn't even expect them to stand until one started doing it a little a couple day ago. I was just curious Thanks for your response !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kylosmom View Post
Of course we will love him either way,my husband just really likes the look of the pricked ears. We would never inflict pain just for him to have ears that stand,We love his crazy ears and didn't even expect them to stand until one started doing it a little a couple day ago. I was just curious Thanks for your response !
Good!!

My boy Hal - now long gone - was Mr Floppy as a puppy right up to about 6 months from memory, but they ended up completely erect. They are so sweet as puppies with their floppy ears aren't they!!
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2016, 07:33 PM
We have a lab/greyhound mix and one of his ears hangs down and the other one points outward...not up but out. It is so comical.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2016, 11:05 PM
any info on ear taping to make them stand?NOT surgical cropping just taping
Hello Steph at 12 weeks your puppy will still be teething and this could cause him to 'fly' his ears. Once the teeth have settled down the ears should do so too.

I would not tape your dogs ears, it could cause all kinds of problems one being your dog may scratch them and this could result in a haematoma and a withered ear. .
Kylosmom
New Member!
Female 

11-08-2016, 11:35 PM
Oh wow I didn't know that,I would hate for that to happen. Thanks!
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2016, 01:21 AM
You need to post his ears! I know there's a proper way to do this. Without surgery.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Ms. M View Post
You need to post his ears! I know there's a proper way to do this. Without surgery.
I really would not recommend any physical intervention - just leave be and let nature takes its course.

There is a way to tape the ears but as Meg rightly says it causes intense irritation which leads to the dog vigorously scratching his ears which then causes a haematoma. I know this because has suffered haematomas in both ears due to intense scratching and now has 2 floppy ears as a consequence!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >