View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Oh awful. I am so sorry. Rest in peace Taji.
TrumpetsGo
New Member!
Female 

20-07-2016, 03:17 PM
even though he is in heaven, he will still guide you everyday.. losing a fur baby is very hard... he is just there over the rainbow bridge watching over you..
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Thank you all for your kindness. It is awful... the suddenness of it is so jarring. I don't think I've completely realised that he's gone yet. Taji was a rescue dog, and though they were kind to him at the kennel where he was fostered through Friends of Akitas Trust and gave him all the time they could, he did not have the best start in life and I think someone had been seriously awful to him at some point. He had to learn who he himself was and how to be comfortable in himself; he needed time and patience and space to do that, but once he had figured himself out, what a wonderful animal he was. So good, so gentle, such a friend and comfort to us, so very, very much himself. No one and nothing deserves to die like that, but him least.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2016, 11:46 PM
So sorry about Taji and what you went through. I feel for you I really do.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-07-2016, 11:21 AM
So sorry for your loss

Run free Taji.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss but please try and be kinder to yourself, you did everything you could for Taji (( hugs))
Run free Taji
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Bloat is such an insidious condition.
Whatever you do or don't do to avoid it it still happens.
Rest easy Taji.
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2016, 06:20 PM
So sorry.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2016, 03:44 PM
We got Taji's ashes back yesterday. They are just in a plain cardboard tube... we didn't have time to make a better selection and weren't really thinking that far anyway, just made sure he got the individual service. W have Berkeley's and Laszlo's ashes too. When Laszlo died-- the first of our dogs to go, again suddenly and from an unforeseeable awful-- we were going to scatter his ashes, but thinking about where would be the best place to do it, realised that the only place Laszlo wanted most to be was with us, so we kept them. When I have time back in the UK I'll find an appropriate container for Taji's remains, hopefully something at least a little reflective of his character. He taught me so much. I'm so grateful to him, and glad that at least in the last few months since we brought home Ella the Puppy he got to love her; it took years off him and it was wonderful to see him romping about with her like a puppy himself.

Now we have more dogs on the shelf than in the bed. Each one so special, so remarkable.
BeethovenBootCamp
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2016, 04:29 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >