View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Hugs from us too. We had two foster pups who come to us with this awful disease. It was hard going for a while but thankfully both pulled through. Absent healing onoute to your little pup xx
Hippo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Thanks ever so much for all the good vibes everyone, kept us all going through the night. We managed to get more fluid into her over night and a little bit of the food the vet gave us.

This morning she isn't taking the food, she still seems bright ish, in fact she's sitting up on my lap watching me type this!

We've got the vet at 14:30 today, in the mean time she's going to sit with me and help me work and I'll try and get a ml or two of Dioralyte in her every 30 mins or so with a syringe.

Once again, thanks for all the support, even though you're all "in the ether" it still helps
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Parvo can lie dormant in the soil for up to three years, please tell the breeder this, if it originated from there and they have another litter the same thing may happen again. Also be aware that if a pup contracts this young and survives, it can cause problems with the heart, and joint development. It would be worth while for peace of mind having her scanned or x-rayed when she's older to see if she does have heart problems, you won't be able to do anything, but at least you will know. I know someone who had this happen with a litter of pups unfortunately, and they had no idea that the pups had even had parvo, assumed it was a tumy upset as they were pretty much ok apart from a bout of mild diarrhoea, they only found out when two of the litter unfortunately died, and both were found to have enlarged hearts. Sorry to possibly be the bearer of bad news, but it's important for people to know when their pups have been through parvo, that it could possibly have health implications for later life as well.
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Oh no, I can only imagine what you are going threw, so sorry, poor little casey . Hope she is ok.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Oh my goodness, you poor love.

I hope your little one recovers ok

Big love and loads of healing vibes to you and your precious puppy

x0x
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Poor little poppet
lots of healing vibes (())
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Sending lots of healing (((vibes))) to your poor little baby. I hope she is ok but I do think she should be in the vets especially as she is so young.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Poor little baby, I really hope she'll get over this quickly and bounce back to full health. Was it a definite diagnosis for parvo from your vet?? I had a little spaniel puppy many years ago, who was so sick she couldn't eat, and the vet thought it was distemper, but she got through it with lots of tlc, just like you're doing for yours. All the best with her.
Hippo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Poor little baby, I really hope she'll get over this quickly and bounce back to full health. Was it a definite diagnosis for parvo from your vet?? I had a little spaniel puppy many years ago, who was so sick she couldn't eat, and the vet thought it was distemper, but she got through it with lots of tlc, just like you're doing for yours. All the best with her.
So do we

Yeah the vet took a swab and it's been confirmed as parvo

We've asked the vet about going in to be on a drip, she has said not at the moment, however we've got an appointment latter today so it could all change.

Thanks once again to everyone for the support
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 05:24 PM
How's your pup doing? xx
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »