View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:13 PM

Hurrah! Found a healthy treat Whisper likes!

I've tried a very wide range of treats for Whisper and she's firmly rejected them all so far other than Markies. Which aren't really healthy!

But I bought some Pet Munchies - Liver flavour - when I placed a Vet Uk the other day. Thought I may as well try them and see and if she'd rejected them the rats would have eaten them like all the other rejects lol.

Well she loves them! Absolutely loves them! Licked her lips and chomped it right down. Didn't play with them or bury them, just ate them!

They're not cheap but I may try baking some liver treats now I know she likes liver! Yay!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Markies! Not my dog's favourite treat (she's never even attempted to eat one yet) but one of her favourite 'playthings'. She HIDES THEM EVERYWHERE!

They are to be found behind every door, under every cushion, behind the wash basin pedestal, behind long curtains. she obviously 'values' them lol! Just doesn't fancy eating them.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Yay, Whisper :P I must admit the concept of a picky dog is alien to me - I'd have difficulty trying to find something Gelert won't eat
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Yay, Whisper :P I must admit the concept of a picky dog is alien to me - I'd have difficulty trying to find something Gelert won't eat

Those were the days! I used to say my GSD would eat anything even before you took it out of the packaging/can whatever! And it didn't touch the sides as it went down!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:36 PM
He got into the cat litter tray before I'd emptied it this morning...say no more. Oh well, can't say it's not a natural treat
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:43 PM
He got into the cat litter tray before I'd emptied it this morning...say no more. Oh well, can't say it's not a natural treat

My GSD once ate half a pound of butter with the foil wrapper still on it! (And she opened the fridge to get it out to eat it!) Smart dogs.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

My GSD once ate half a pound of butter with the foil wrapper still on it! (And she opened the fridge to get it out to eat it!) Smart dogs.
Think it's a girl thing, Gelert's not clever enough to get in the fridge - thankfully His female predecessor on the other hand was very sneaky!
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Norrrtty Gelert!

Well Day Two and Whisper still loves the treats! She is pretty fussy with treats. But as you can imagine; the rats don't mind!

Tangutica - Tell me about it! Whisper buries Markies too! She does eat them eventually though lol. But we do find them in very strange places all over the house!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 05:00 PM
One of mine is always going that!!! Bless him.