Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:23 AM

Learning New Tricks...

Hi all,

I would like to learn a few more tricks with Bella with regards to 'fetch' and 'drop', and also 'wait' then 'say hello'.

When we play fetch, i will say 'Go get it' and she will sprint for the object, and usually bring it back to me. However sometimes she won't, so I would like to really get that under locks.
The next thing I would like to improve on is when she gets to me, to drop it immediately so I can re throw. Now she knows the 'leave it' command, so do I use the same command for toys in fetch!?

Another thing...when we are on walks, I've noticed joggers, bikers, people and other dogs (okay so everything really) Bella wants to get to and say hello. I really want to teach her to 'wait' until I say 'Say hello', or whatever.
Basically, not run off like a mad chicken to get to another dog or person. At the moment I don't trust her off lead 100% when other distractions are around, in case she runs off. So I would like to know how you start training this too please.

Leading on with this, also learning to throw a toy, and not get it until I say - so overall the two are linked, and also just better command obedience for me.

And just to let you know - this obviously isn't going to be all learnt tonight, it will be a gradual thing, I'm just not quite sure how you start with it all.

Thanks!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:28 AM
This might help

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...light=retrieve