View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 09:47 PM
ts hard work trying to get the oldies to see sense isnt it, my M.I.L is just as bad, wont go into sheltered accommodation nearer to us, so we can be *on call* as it is for me its 3 bus trips,there and 3 back. shes had 5 falls in 4 months now shes in a re-hab home, which is lovely. she will be re-assesd next month. and what happens after that who knows.
hope u manage to get your mum sorted out, give u a bit of peice of mind.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Lynn it really is so difficult and our care firm looks after a man that really should not be at home but refuses to go into a care home. We visit him 4 times a day but he is always having falls and is sporting so e very vivid bruises and black eyes at the moment from his falls.
Really your mum needs to go into a residential care home where she can be properly looked after and you can all just visit her with no worries or stress.
If your brother insists she goes home then tell him you will taking no part in it as he is putting her in danger and just take a back seat.
My job has really opened my eyes to the plight of the elderly and the struggle for them. I have to say I am not looking forward to getting old.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2012, 08:40 AM
I hope things get sorted quickly for you Kath.

Bev I know where she should be. Gill and I have agreed to take a back seat now. We are hoping they may reassess her as they are not sure they will discharge her Wednesday now to go to Michael's. It may have to wait. Funny how last week they were trying to get her out and back home because Michael couldn't take her till the 1st Feb.

I had to ring her consulatant who isn't in charge of her on the ward she is on but he did pull some strings for us.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Your poor Mum

Really hope they don't let her home alone xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2