View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2011, 08:33 AM

Phew. Well that went better than expected.

Yesterday was my first time seeing mum again after our falling out. Gill came with me to help me get her in and out of the car and she was horrified that I had been managing this on my own for 3 years.

Things were ok and we managed to be civil and to keep things normal. Her consulatant had received my letter and said absolutley no problems with getting her transport and he understood completely my reasons for doing this.

Gill told him about her fall two weeks ago and you should of seen mums face the displeasure was well unbelievable but Gill had said to her she was telling him. Mum explained about the heavy head all the time since she last had a fall about 18 months two years ago and split the back of the head open. She has to have an MRI scan as he wonders if there is fluid or a small bleed. He mentioned again this is why he now wants her living somewhere on one level with constant supervision but he knows she won't entertain it.

She also told us she has had other small falls which she has not told us about.

Mum will get transport to her scan I will meet her there and in future meet her at the appointments for her consultant. She was very quiet after accusing me of abandoning her and dumping her and not letting me finish expalining I would be there but not physically taking her. Gill told her she has caused uneccessary upset and there was absolutely no need for it and how she hurt me all for nothing.

I cannot see her in the same way now I am afraid after all the adoption stuff I feel more like a carer of an old person now not my mum. She has completeley changed the dynamics of our relationship.

All quiet on the Western Front for now and lets hope it stays that way till such times when this will no longer be an issue for either of us.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:37 AM
It's such a shame that it has come to this Lynn, after all the time and effort you have put in to make sure your mum is taken care of...I can understand why you would now feel the way you do.

Hopefully nothing more will happen and you can just continue to meet her for her appointments, it would be nice if she suddenly realised just what you have done for her but, sadly, it would seem that her mind isn't able to register that now.

(((Hugs))) to you and fingers crossed things go more smoothly in the future.

I hope Gill is ok too xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
It's such a shame that it has come to this Lynn, after all the time and effort you have put in to make sure your mum is taken care of...I can understand why you would now feel the way you do.

Hopefully nothing more will happen and you can just continue to meet her for her appointments, it would be nice if she suddenly realised just what you have done for her but, sadly, it would seem that her mind isn't able to register that now.

(((Hugs))) to you and fingers crossed things go more smoothly in the future.

I hope Gill is ok too xx
Thanks Sheree. Gill is holding up just. Her cancer marker was up quite a lot on her last visit and she has had to have a scan and she has her appointment for the results on Thursday next week.

It took a lot for her to come the hospital to give me support yesterday as she has now got a phobia of them after all she has been through and she was dreading the reaction from mum about her letting the consultant know about this latest fall.

Those rioters want my mum for their mum even into their 50's and 60's theyd be quaking in their boots if they did something she disapproved of.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2011, 08:43 AM
I am happy you managed to get the transport problem sorted for future hospital tests/consultations.

Your comment about not being able to see her the same way now is completely understandable. And as you said, she is the one who has changed the dynamics of your relationship.

{{{hugs}}}

Malka