View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Worrying phone call this morning. (update @ post 88)

I got a call from the people Michael works for in Dubai this morning asking if I had heard from him and had he said he was coming home.

I was totally shocked Gorden had spoken to him through e-mail Thursday and he seemed to be doing well. His boss said he had a couple of lean months money wise but was set to make a good amount this month. He went to the hotel he is staying at to make sure he was alright and they said he had checked out. We haven't heard a thing from him nor has his boss or his friends he was out with his boss over the weekend Friday and Saturday there and he said he seemed really well and up beat.

His best friend managed to wangle out of Emirates that he was not on a flight home with them but mentioned there are another 50 carriers out of Dubai.

Gorden has come home and as you can imagine we are out of our minds with worry.

We are keeping in touch with his boss and vice versa. This is not like him to just walk out of a job even if he is p***ed off he will always tell them he is leaving and then walk out. But his boss says he seemed to be happy. It has come totally out of the blue for them and us.

I suppose if he hasn't turned up in 48 hours they will have to report him missing in Dubai and we will have to report him here if no contact has been made in that time.

Please keep fingers crossed it is something simple.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh Lynn how worrying for you. Fingers crossed it is a misunderstanding. Is there any possibility he could have asked for leave and thought it had been granted and it hadn't or something like that? Thinking of you and fingers crossed you post some good news soon. HUGS
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh how worrying----got everything crossed for you that it is a simple explaination.

rune
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Oh Lynn how worrying for you. Fingers crossed it is a misunderstanding. Is there any possibility he could have asked for leave and thought it had been granted and it hadn't or something like that? Thinking of you and fingers crossed you post some good news soon. HUGS
We just don't know. The boss who rang is the one in charge of all the new recruits who come in from abroad and he seemed stunned by it too.

Mark and his friend say maybe he went on a bender and hasn't realised its Monday although he would of been in work yesterday. So wouldn't' of thought he would of gone out last night and got into such a state that he wouldn't of realised it was work the next day.

Its the not knowing and not being able to do anything that is getting us down.

Thanks for the hugs BM.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks Rune we really hope so too.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 02:47 PM
I cant imagine how worried you are, fingers crossed you hear from him soon xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Oh dear Lynn, you and Gordon must be worried sick, but is it at all possible he could have gone on a "bender"? Does the boss know of any people he hangs out with at the week-end, and if so, if he hasn't already, he should get in touch with all of his friends. Maybe he's met a nice girl and he's sleeping in, but then again, he would know the consequences that work might get in touch with you and know how worried you'd be, so at the very least, he would have rung either you or Gordon even if he didn't ring the boss wouldn't he? Thinking about it, you can't go on a "bender" in Dubai (or can you??) I thought they don't drink??? What about hospitals, has the boss rung around the local hospitals?

What I can't get my head around is the fact that the hotel said he's checked out!!!!! Why would he do that without phoning you, when he knows that the hotel is one of your only lifeline's to him?? Were they ringing the right hotel do you think, have YOU got the number of the hotel and you can verify this with them maybe?

Oh dear, but hopefully, it's totally innocent, he's found something else, someone else, and he's been too involved and busy to let you know about it maybe. Just remember, I would have thought Dubai is one of the most safest places to live, so try not to think of the worst it's probably totally innocent, but that won't stop you worrying I know. Lots of hugs for both you and Gordon, you can only do all you can for the moment can't you, so good luck with it all.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 04:11 PM
You poor thing Lynn, I can't imagine how worried you must be right now. I'm sure it is just a simple misunderstanding and everything will get cleared up. Huges hugs to you and Gordon.xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks Helena and Majuka.

Still no news if we hear nothing through the night Gorden is getting in touch with his boss first thing tomorrow too see what we do next.

You can drink in Dubai Helena there is a western bit with lots of restaurants and as long as you are respectful they don't have a problem. What ever goes on he usually gets in touch thats the worrying thing even if he knows we might go ott at the time.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Just read this Lynn, hope all turns out well xxxxxx
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »