Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 05:05 PM

Poor Mum a few home truths today.

The Physio came to visit as she now has to have physio at home as it is very difficult to get her in and out of a car without putting her into more discomfort.
After all the questions he told her being strong and able enough to get back into her garden and to do gardening was unrealistic, the most he can do for her is mobility within the house, this did not go down to well.
She is becoming quite grumpy as I think deep down she knows she is not able to do a lot of things for herself anymore, trouble is she will try too.
My philosophy now is everything is in place for her and if she abuses that she will end up in a home or worse so I keep upbeat with her and try to keep my patience although hard some days, but realise this must be hard for her too.
I have known this for a while but to hear it from a professional is quite hard for me so for her must be 10x worse.
Lets hope she listens to us all and behaves herself. ( I will not hold my breath ).
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I am currently having major ups and downs with my Mum at the moment (keep meaning to do a thread on it so you can all have a laugh and cheer me up) so sorry to hear you are still at the receiving end of it all. I thought you had taken a couple of steps away from it all???
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I am currently having major ups and downs with my Mum at the moment (keep meaning to do a thread on it so you can all have a laugh and cheer me up) so sorry to hear you are still at the receiving end of it all. I thought you had taken a couple of steps away from it all???
Oh I have taken some steps away from it all don't worry.
I had to take her to physio a few weeks ago and pushed for the appointments at home and I got them,. I am not doing as much as this time last year and feel so much better for it. Please post and we can have a laugh and support you because boy do you need support through all these trials.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 05:22 PM
So sorry to hear how hard it is for your mum at the moment. Hope she heeds what they say for all of your sakes. Big hugs xxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Will put one up tomorrow morning , so you can all get yourselves cups of tea, toast and have a good laugh to start the day off, because I need to laugh, otherwise I will have a bout of hysteria and even a tantrum
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Will put one up tomorrow morning , so you can all get yourselves cups of tea, toast and have a good laugh to start the day off, because I need to laugh, otherwise I will have a bout of hysteria and even a tantrum
Thats a date then I am not doing much tomorrow so will get my cuppa and my toast and ready to listen. Know exactly how you feel about the hysteria and tantrum.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
So sorry to hear how hard it is for your mum at the moment. Hope she heeds what they say for all of your sakes. Big hugs xxxxx
Thankyou Jackie not sure she will, but no more can be done for her really it is all down to her now. I told her today nicely of course that if she has another accident and survives it she will not be coming coming home to her house. Sounds harsh but the truth.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Hugs Lynn.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Hugs, Lynn. It's so difficult, honey xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thankyou Jackie not sure she will, but no more can be done for her really it is all down to her now. I told her today nicely of course that if she has another accident and survives it she will not be coming coming home to her house. Sounds harsh but the truth.
Hopefully she will Lynn. If not, you've done all you can. My mum needs both hips replacing and has been fighting me for a year about being referred. She's fallen out with me every time I've mentioned it and she was at the point she could hardly walk.
Anyway, last month she phoned to say she'd decided to have the ops and was being referred. She's seen the surgeon (a good looking Irishman apparently LOL) and is now waiting for the first op.
Hopefully your mum will see sense like mine did hun xxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >