Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:47 PM

For Azz, shed progress....warning makes for a boring read

Hi Azz

Got the name of that drill which has been absolutely superb in assisting taking down the shed it's a Pro 850 rotating hammer drill, it's not to hard on you physically either apparently.

The roof was the hardest to get down, whoever built it went OTT with the longest nails possible, and too many of them But OH managed to get it down in 8 or so hours

The rest was easy, just took the hammer drill and put it into the mortar and the bricks fell away. I even took the sledge hammer and knocked a few down myself.

Stage One:
Shed in its entirety

Stage two:
Peel roof layer off

Stage three:
Peel ply off (incredibly hardwork!!!)

Stage 4:
Peel Plaster off

Stage 5:
Knock joists down

Stage 6:
Peel plaster off front wall

Stage 7:
Knock brick out with hammer drill and sledge hammer

Stage 8:
Result to date:

We're keeping two of the existing walls and will be rebuild to make good and will paint it cream to make it look country like

Here ends a very long and very dull read sorry guys hope this helps Azz. The roof was the agoniser, knocking down the rest was relatively easy.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:52 PM
ohhh i would be backing out of that hard work lol
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Holy cow! You've been busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have stopped halfway
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Go get a glass of wine and enjoy the last of the sun - phew, you deserve it!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:56 PM
wow someones been busy!!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Wow you made lots of progress!! You do realise that that shed looks like the size of a small studio flat - imagine how much you could've rented it out for

I think your idea of painting the walls cream is xcellent - when we were looking for houses, this one had all there back yard walls cream and it looked very mediterranean Especially when the sun shines!

Please post pics on the end result!

I think our shed will be a monster it's built using those breeze bloxk thingys then cemented on top its not as big as your one tho so thats good lol!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Hehe, lucky OH did 95% of it

The hardest part was lifting the sledge hammer, much more easier to lift a glass of red wine imo LOL

and so I did...
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Azz, totally agree about the small studio, we thought long and hard about it as it could at £5k+ to the property but we want to add £5k plus by doing a fabulous garden instead...been watching too much city gardener - but rather be out in the garden with yet to be born GSD Fern, than look at a monstrous shed

Good luck on your shed - sounds like a task and a half - but if it seems daunting not to fear, it's quite therapeutic surprisingly - smashing a sledge hammer into all those bricks does wonders for stress relief

Promise to post pictures. Please let us know when you do yours will love to see the results for it too.

Originally Posted by eRaze
Wow you made lots of progress!! You do realise that that shed looks like the size of a small studio flat - imagine how much you could've rented it out for

I think your idea of painting the walls cream is xcellent - when we were looking for houses, this one had all there back yard walls cream and it looked very mediterranean Especially when the sun shines!

Please post pics on the end result!

I think our shed will be a monster it's built using those breeze bloxk thingys then cemented on top its not as big as your one tho so thats good lol!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hehe, lucky OH did 95% of it

The hardest part was lifting the sledge hammer, much more easier to lift a glass of red wine imo LOL

and so I did...
The glass of wine - I hope!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 05:35 PM
lol maplecottage, i would rather lift the wine too!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >