View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I wish we had stricter laws too. I just went over to the site and unfortunately, there are many more of the same out there. It's sick!
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:03 PM
This sort of thing is common in America, I stumbled across this site where they breed dogs and ship them to any country for people who want them and here is the link if you want to see for yourself..
http://tiny.azpuppies.com I dont think this is free advertising because people are going to stumble across these sites anyway and people on DW have got more sense, isnt that right dogwebbers?
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:09 PM
...also if any one has seen 'animal cops Ddetroit' on animal planet they will know what most people in that country end up doing to these dogs, neglecting them and in some cases brutally killing them which is shocking but the program shows how the animal cops take these people to court and they get fined or sent to jail and are never allowed to own animals again, so at least some thing is being done about it!!!
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:16 PM
How in the world can you say that 'most people' in this country end up doing anything to their animals or anything else? You're taking a show, that's based in one city, which isn't the best city in the first place, and making a generalization of that type?

'Most people' in this country love their animals and take great care of them. Most people in Detroit probably take great care of their pets.

I wish that before people type they would take into account how it's going to come off to others. Of course, if you don't care about the reaction then it's not a problem.
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by WiggilyStump
...also if any one has seen 'animal cops Ddetroit' on animal planet they will know what most people in that country end up doing to these dogs, neglecting them and in some cases brutally killing them which is shocking but the program shows how the animal cops take these people to court and they get fined or sent to jail and are never allowed to own animals again, so at least some thing is being done about it!!!
I'm sure anyone in another country watching our Animal hospital would be thinking the same thing about us.I know a great many American dog owners and they are far from the monsters you described( on that one show),responsible and caring for their dogs in the same way as any loving owner does
As for saying noone reading this board isn't a responsible dog owner that would know better than to buy from a puppy farm, is very idealistic to say the least
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Im sorry for offending you Mr,Spock, I meant to say "some people". Of course I know the majority of people love, respect and take care of their animals but I watched that program recently and it upset me so I suppose I shouldent watch these things if Im going to get too upset. It seemed a little bit harsher than animal hospital thats all, once again sorry
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:51 PM
No big thing...just such a generalization. I'm sure 'some people' in the UK are also horrendous to their animals. Takes all kinds. I personally don't watch too many of those Animal Police shows as they make me sick to my stomach mostly.

You should look for Pet Stars and Breed All About It. Those are nice, entertaining doggie shows.
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanx for the info, I will watch only positive pet programs from now on!
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Pet stars is on animal planet on saturday evening,it is HILARIOUS
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Well I dont know how I missed it, but I'll definatly catch next saturday!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3