Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 07:12 PM

sofa blanket?

My dogs moult like heck and as a result are not allowed on the furniture.

Recently though, I've noticed situations where being allowed on the sofa would be of massive benefit as a life reward and also in teaching Takara that NILIF and she misbehaves - she loses the privalege.

So my question - they're not allowed on the sofa because of hairs and even when a blanket is put on, the hairs get around it or fall off it as we lift it off the sofa.

Is there a type of material that the hairs would cling to (other than velcro ) and would stick to as we removed it from the sofa and went to knock them off outside?

If it were upto me, I'd just use a normal blanket and hoover it after they'd been on - but it's not my house

Ta
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I've heard suede blankets work well for trapping short hair but have never tried one myself.
I'd recommend a leather sofa
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately, after securing the garden we simply can't afford a new suite

Thanks for that - I'll keep my eye out for suede although I'm looking at the suede dog bed we have and it's the only piece of furniture in the house with no hairs on it!!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I use a Old quilt covers they seems to hold the Hair, but comes off easy enough with a good shake and is easy to wash

Bath towels are good too
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks

I think I'll try out a bedsheet I got (thought it was a bedset but it arrived with just the sheet )

Ta
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 09:01 PM
We've got fleece throws for the bed and they seem to work well. Think I paid about £10.00 for 2!
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Thanks for that - I'll keep my eye out for suede although I'm looking at the suede dog bed we have and it's the only piece of furniture in the house with no hairs on it!!
obviously doesn't work then