Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2009, 10:19 PM

Update - where do I start?

Well I've been away for a while sorry but things have been a bit mad!

First college is going great passed all my assessments so far! Entered into a make up competition up in Aberdeen (compete in 2 weeks), totally loving it!

Mum has successfully completed phase 1 of plastic surgery - for those who dont know she has lost alot of weight over the past years from a size 28/30 down to a size 10/12 and she has been getting her excess skin removed they have taken off 10lbs so far from her thighs and stomach, next she gets her boobs, arms and neck done.

My father in law has gotten engaged (this will be wife number 3)

Now for some awful news........ As some of you may know my hubby's uncle, Malcolm was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 he went through 2 lots of chemo and a round of radiotherapy unfortunately after the cancer going it came back before he had the 2nd round of chemo, then radio.. he was told it was terminal and given a year to 2 years. That was 6 months ago. He then got diabetes which cut his life expentancy down to under a year, he decided to set a date to marry Fiona his gf of 7 years it was the 7th Nov. On Tues just past he was complaining of a terrible headache to Graham (hubby) and Robert (Graham's dad and Malcolm's brother) he was told to take medicine for it but woke up worse on Wed and could hardly speak so was taken to hospital. We were called that night to be told he had caught shingles and the infection had gone to his brain, there was nothing they could do... and he wouldnt make it through the night. We rushed to be there, he made it until Friday morning. He was only 46 years old, a healthy man who never smoked or drank and wasnt overweight. And he will be laid to rest on what was meant to be his wedding day. I currently have Graham's dad staying with us and his fiancee will be staying Wednesday before the funeral and hubby's uncle will be flying over on Mon and arrives late Tues so I'll be going with Robert to pick him up as Graham's gran and grandad are really struggling - like they say they arent meant to outlive their own child! So I will have 5 people, 3 dog's (roberts dog Sheba is currently here) and the other animals, but I wouldnt have it any other way. We're all very shocked but glad he didnt suffer for too long.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Well first congratulations on your assessments and on your Mum's fantastic weight loss.

I'm so sorry about your OHs Uncle how very very sad for all of you but as you say at least he didn't suffer. Well done on looking after everyone as it sounds you have been and welcome back xx
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks I'm trying to be strong for hubby and his dad but as soon as Graham goes I go! I hate seeing him being so upset. I know what he's going through as I was there only last year with gran dying of cancer and I know it will take a long time for them to get over it, over a year on and I still miss gran everyday
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh pet I know it's hard. I lost my Nanna nearly 4 years ago and I miss her every day still. She was such a huge part of my life and more like a second mother.

I'm sure you are a great comfort to Graham. It will get easier with time although I know that's of no comfort now.

Big hugs out to all of you xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Congrats on the college.

condolences on OH's uncle *hugs*
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Sorry to read this sad news, Leanne xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 07:35 AM
So sorry life has thrown you yet another bad hand Leanne - it seems strange to be saying its fantastic news about college when the rest of your news is so sad but you have worked hard for the results you deserve at college so well done you.
Thinking of you and your family at this sad time - you know I am only along the road if you famcy a walk or a chat.
Hugs x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Congratulations on all your good news.

I am sorry to hear about your OH's Uncle. Well done you for being there for everyone and opening up your home to humans and dogs. Take care of yourself too.

(((Hugs))) for everyone. X
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Congratulation on your successes.

I am so sorry that your uncle didn't last long enough to marry his fiancee. It is so sad to be buried on your wedding day. At least he would have been looking forward to that at the time he was taken ill.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
So sorry life has thrown you yet another bad hand Leanne - it seems strange to be saying its fantastic news about college when the rest of your news is so sad but you have worked hard for the results you deserve at college so well done you.
Thinking of you and your family at this sad time - you know I am only along the road if you famcy a walk or a chat.
Hugs x

Thanks hun!! I'm only now walking Shadow and Sheba (Father in law's doggie) has had to go back to Perth as Fly I suspect has Kennel Cough to top it all off - going to the vets to get it confirmed but I know it's been doing the rounds around Dundee Thank you all I've had a mixed bag of good and bad news the past wee while but I'm a trooper and just work through it and get brillant support from you guys, my family and friends x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >