01-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Any news on the little guy yet?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by tjhoe68
Any news on the little guy yet?

Well I saw him briefly tonight for a quick cuddle and he seemed to be looking at me and saying... please take me home with you
and I look back at him and have to tell him, I'm sorry but my house just isn't the right environment for you ...I give him another cuddle and walk away

No news of any offers of a home for him yet....But we are all praying......
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 06:21 AM
OMG it must break your heart everytime you walk away from him. We're all hoping you find somewhere soon.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2005, 08:13 AM
i hope he gets a home soon this has been going on too long for him now.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by leo
i hope he gets a home soon this has been going on too long for him now.
So do we Leo.. and you are right, he has been there for far too long now
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Dizzy

He is 5 years old and is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross. Dizzy was partially blind in one eye and completely blind in the other, even though he had an operation to both eyes late last year to remove cateracts. After a visit to the vets today, it is suspected that he is now completly blind It's no wonder that weight is dropping off him with all the stress he is enduring at the kennels. Plus he is sufferiing from ulcers in his pads because he is pouncing up and down at the kennel fence. His feet will not recover whilst he is at kennels and we are urgently looking for a foster home where he can snuggle into his own compfy cushion, play on grass and soft surfaces to give him the healing time he needs. Dizzy is recieving antibiotics for this, but the vet suggested that we have him PTS as it is no life for a kennel stressed, blind dog at the kennels. So we are pleading for our fellow Cumbrians help. We need a foster home for him..... and now....

(We have a no PTS policy, so it would never be an option and dizzy is safe from that).

Dizzy is a very loving dog who loves to play with water and he loves the seaside with sandy beaches. Dizzy needs a stable home where furniture would never be changed around, a secure garden/exercise area and a regular routine. He is fully vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and neutered. He can live with a bitch, but we wouldn't recommend him being homed with another dog. Dizzy loves everyone he meets and quickly wins their hearts. He is truely a special little boy, whose only fault in life was being born partially sighted.

If you would like to open your home to care for Dizzy with the Full back up of Animal Concern Cumbria - West Branch and live within Cumbria (for ease of access to our vets and food supplies, which will be provided for Dizzy), then please contact Linda: 01900 61669

IF anyone would like to cross post this anywhere, then please feel free to do so. Thank You....
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Oh no, it's such a shame. And yes , it must be awful ahving to leave him behind

I am praying that someone soon will give him the loving home he so deserves
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2005, 07:26 AM
cumbrian lass i have sent dizzy a present can you let me know when it gets there, thanks
i wish i could help out but we are in yorkshire just hope he likes his present.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by ste.n.steph
cumbrian lass i have sent dizzy a present can you let me know when it gets there, thanks
i wish i could help out but we are in yorkshire just hope he likes his present.

Thank You I will PM you.

I saw Dizzy again last night and gave him another quick cuddle. His feet didn't look any worse, but neither did they look any better.

He still had that beautiful lovely smile for me when I was rubbing his tummy. :smt049
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Saldy we have had no enquiries about Dizzy for several weeks now
Page 8 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »