Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 09:51 AM

Odd habit . . . And embarassing

Ella has developed a rather strang and embarassing habit, its funny in a way but not when we have visitors

She licks and cleans her lady bits (which is fine and normal) but then seems to get carried away and it changes. She nibbles and really starts going for it which excites her and gets her to start humping and thrashing the air. For want of a better explanation she seems to be (in the words of house) 'finding Nemo'!

Now i have grown up with dogs and my family have always favoured bitches but i have never seen a dog do this before. Humping legs, each other, toys ect but not this. Has anyone else had a dog with this strange little hobby?
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 03:35 PM
ive had two bitches ,they look have a clean ,i have never had one ......( in the words of house )finding nemo
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 04:12 PM
When she starts getting (ahem) over excited, can you distract her with a squeaky toy, or a treat?

Our boys, who are both neutered, like to get their "lipsticks" out for visitors....
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
When she starts getting (ahem) over excited, can you distract her with a squeaky toy, or a treat?

Our boys, who are both neutered, like to get their "lipsticks" out for visitors....
Onyx and Max both do that as well.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Onyx and Max both do that as well.
My brothers in laws springers do as well! I would of expected it with dogs but never had it with a bitch . . . .

Will try the squeaky toy thing as there are some things my husbands nan doesn't need to see . . . Or me to have to explain. LOL
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 05:04 PM

My mates gorgeous collie cross used to do this very thing, Emma (my friend) used to get slightly embarrassed by this 'finding nemo' habit too Not seen her in a wee while, but must ask her what she did, or if indeed her girl still does it?!?!?

Will get back to ya x x
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Kismet does this too, I thought it was just her, she humps her toys and bedding too, tigger's never going to be the same bless him. I assumed it was normal and because I haven't spayed her, but maybe she's just weird ...

We certainly do seem to have similar dogs Raz... ever thought about a samoyed
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

How would you like to be distracted with a squeaky toy right in the middle of "finding Nemo" Dont think my OH would be best pleased. Mind you might be good for a laugh
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Its getting a bit scary now isn't it how alike us two are!

Both into art, both bred and shown rats both have self induging dogs!!!

But i'm afraid the next dog we get will be a beagle i think.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
How would you like to be distracted with a squeaky toy right in the middle of "finding Nemo" Dont think my OH would be best pleased. Mind you might be good for a laugh
PMSL, just got an image of running in with a toy going 'NO' while OH was 'occupied'! LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >