View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Thankyou Naomi & Moli I gave Barney your hug and he loved it.
Gave him a bath tonight and he was so good I think for the first time he enjoyed.
I imagine those of you who have been kind enough to give help and advice from experiences of your own dogs can understand there is a unique smell to cancer and it has been getting stronger. Dont know if its the hot weather or its getting worse.
You know what its like when their all wet, his body is so thin, didnt realise just how much, he still eats well so its not that. But now he's all fluffy and looks a big fur ball cuddly bear bless and smells sweet again.
Brodie's turn tomorrow am going in with a wetsuit and snorkle. God help me.
Fred, might need your help with those diving skills.LOL. Wish me luck!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 12:07 PM
aww luz im so sorry that barney is not so well,, your post made me cry,, it is so sad when someone loses their companion, so sweet how brodie protects and looks after him and great pics.

give barney a big hug from me and sending big hugs your way too hun x x x

Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks Kimberley I think Barney is enjoying all the hugs and kisses all the ladies are sending him.
I will do my best to keep him going happily for as long as I can. x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Awww Luz, I feel so sad for you now after reading all this about poor Barney and can understand why it upset you so much reading about my Cassie with her recent illness. I almost feel guilty now that Cassie has bounced back and wish I could somehow do the same for you with your Barney, as I know you love him so much just like I do her. When you've been so close to a dog who has been your shadow for so long it's heartwrenching to even imagine being without them, so I know exactly how you are feeling. Enjoy the prescious time you have left with your dearest friend Luz but you never know, miracles can happen. I once had a 13yr. old that the vet wanted to pts there and then when o/h took her in (she had pyometra) as he said she was too old to undergo an op. When I found out that evening when I got home, I took her at 11.30 pm. to another vet 30 miles away and he was prepared to operate as he said he couldn't put a beautiful dog like her down without giving her a chance. We knew we might lose her during the op, but we picked her up, nursed her back to health and she lived to the ripe old age of 16, where she went peacefully in her bed and we had time to say "goodbye". The moral of this story is, not all vets are right all the time, you went by your own instincts and you will know when Barney is ready to leave.

Cassie and Georgie and me of course are sending big hugs to Barney and to you as you need them too! All the very best Luz.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 03:55 PM
take some pics of them together so when the time comes you have them to look back on it will hurt you to start with but your'll be glad you did in time.
all i can say is make the most of every day.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Thankyou so much Helen that was very heartfelt I am crying AGAIN! It's things like that which help to be positive as our feelings do rub on them and had been really down this last week or so due to his restlessness and my lack of sleep. Funnily enough after his bath he was really perky. I took a photo of him in my bed that night tucked in. I will get it put on here next time I download pictures.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks Leo I will be taking lots of photos next week we are camping in Windermere so will bore you all on my return.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Thankyou so much Helen that was very heartfelt I am crying AGAIN! It's things like that which help to be positive as our feelings do rub on them and had been really down this last week or so due to his restlessness and my lack of sleep. Funnily enough after his bath he was really perky. I took a photo of him in my bed that night tucked in. I will get it put on here next time I download pictures.
Mus admit Luz, I was wiping the tears away as I was typing! Yes, post that pic up too. Take care.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 04:18 PM
pics of pups will never bore me.....lol
i hope you all have a great holiday sounds just the thing you need!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2005, 11:51 PM
:smt023 Got back from The Northern Inuit Show camping 2 nights in the Saddleworth moors & then onto camping in the lakes with Barney & Brodie and he has brightened up to the extent he could have his plaster taken off. He was running around like a puppy and some thought he was a puppy on the first evening (it was late) . The vets said it would take 2 months for the cancer to reach his organs and then on he would go fast. We are now getting upto his 4th month.
He is losing weight and the muscle mass is diminishing but he is bright as a button in himself. The vet did say the cancer wouldnt allow his bones to heal. Anybody know anything about that. I dont want him to wear the plaster forever if unnecessary as its so hot for him???? Any advice anyone?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >