Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
SLB a wheelchair is not the way for us and we have been guided as well by his neurologist who poineted out for a dog his size whose front leg gait is very compromised anyway it would not be good thing for him. It would also be a big strain on his heart as well as his joints which he is already having problems with.

I do admire people who do use them for thier dogs but for us personally it was never an option.
Oh Lynn, my heart breaks for you.

I honestly do not know what to say. What a useless option...

I am so sorry and I'm sure whatever you decide you have all us at Dogsey 100% behind you.

Hugs

x x x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Never could a dog have a more dedicated owner, your decision is absolutely the right one for Ollie, you know him best. So sorry its come so soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Such loving, caring, responsible, wonderful owners right up to the end. I'm so sorry Lynn, my heart goes out to you, and all the strength I've got to see you through the heartbreak that lies ahead.xxxxxxxx
pasiphae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Sending you all love and hugs, I can't add anything to what the others have said.

So very sorry for you and thinkning of you xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Just come back Lynne and read this.
If you and Gordon feel the time is right then IMO you are doing right xxx

Like you I have everyday waiting and watching, and the same here, when we feel the time has come it will be right xxx

You have my greatest admiration, never could a dog wish for a better owner xxx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Am wishing you all the love and strength in the world, whatever you both decide. Sending Ollie the warmest gentle cuddles and lots of love to all of you,will keep you in our thoughts (((xxx)))
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I am so sorry Lynn. I think you know in your hearts what you have to do. You have been wonderful owners and Ollie could not have had any better than you. Reading your posts it seems the time has come to do the one thing we always dread. Sending you and Ollie massive **hugs**.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Oh Lynn,I feel so sad for you and wish there was something more we could do to ease this,but all we can do is to be here for you,which we all are.
I remember in my last post saying the same thing youve just said-I knew it was time when my dog Ginger could no longer support herself on her back legs and we had to hold her up when she needed to have a wee.The look in her eyes was something Id never seen before and she was really speaking to me to ask for our help.
You know you have given Ollie all the love he can ever have wanted and I know you will want him to leave you all with dignity-not that these words will take away any of the hurt or the feelings of guilt when you asked -are we doing the right thing?Thats about the hardest question in the world ,but I believe the answer is a definite yes.Ive been crying a lot and feeling guilty today, because it was sunny and I felt I should have been able to give Lulu ,who we lost 2 weeks ago,1 more lie in the sun-I know thats stupid but I cant help it today.
Give him a hug from me (and from Ollie,)thinking of you .God bless,love from Maureen.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Sending you, Gorden and Ollie all the ((((HUGS)))) I can.... thinking of you all hun xxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm so gutted for you Lynn, it must be so difficult.

I can't advise what I would do as I've never met you or Ollie, but I know you'll do what's best for him.

{{{hugs}}}
Page 25 of 28 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >