Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Just checking in Lynn to see how he is,

Can just picture him laying snoring away ,

I know what you mean about things being a bit surreal. I look at Bandit sometimes and think, he looks OK, and is walking OK, then last night I forgot to give him his tablets then about 8 pm, he was hobbling around the house, then I realised, I had forgotten to give him his meds, and that was a huge smack in the face to bring me back to reality, how dependent he is on the medication.

Sorry Lynn for hijacking the thread, but I know you wont mind, we have to be strong for each other,

No please feel free I don't mind who comes on and shares their problems or their experiences. It is nice to have so many people that understand that I can talk too about how I feel and too know that we all know how we are feeling.

(((Hugs))) for Bandit and you.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Bless you and bless Ollie Lynn

You just know when its right ... you just know...

just thinking of you and enjoy every moment x
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Lynn I'm so sorry. I just logged on to check on how Ollie is doing.

It is heartbreaking reading through this thread

Huge hugs xx
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Have not been on in a while properly and so completely missed this, all I can do is echo everyone else's comments, you and Gordon have been so strong with everything and given Ollie more of a chance than many would have. Huge hugs to you all and slobbery kisses from the boys to Ollie. xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 09:20 AM
How is Ollie doing today Lynn? xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Bless you and bless Ollie Lynn

You just know when its right ... you just know...

just thinking of you and enjoy every moment x
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Lynn I'm so sorry. I just logged on to check on how Ollie is doing.

It is heartbreaking reading through this thread

Huge hugs xx
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
Have not been on in a while properly and so completely missed this, all I can do is echo everyone else's comments, you and Gordon have been so strong with everything and given Ollie more of a chance than many would have. Huge hugs to you all and slobbery kisses from the boys to Ollie. xx
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
How is Ollie doing today Lynn? xx
Thanks all for your kind thoughts.

majuka. He is about the same his walking was very wobbly earlier. H is now laying in e garden which he does a lot now. Front leg gait bad. Still eating well and all bodily functions working well still.

Gorden did the night shift last night he needs out so often to de a wei it is better to stay and sleep downstairs because you only get to bed for a couple of hours before you are up again letting him out for a wee then a drink as big as the wee he has just done.

I felt yesterday when watching him he was doing a wee then starting to make his way to his ramp then forgetting what he had just done and seemed to start going back then the switch clicked on oh just done that need a drink. Gorden said he was doing something similar at 3 0-clock this morning wandering round the garden after having done his wee. We will have to keep a very close watch over the next few days.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Bless him . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sun for Ollie while he is lying out in the garden.xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I have just e-mailed Nadia. Gorden and I feel we have to draw a line under all this now. We were taking him down the side of the house to feed the birds and get some video of his walking and he was doing his usual backwards and forwards where we had dropped treats then he decided he needed to go to the toilet and so he came into the back garden struggled up his ramp and collapsed halfway through a pooh.

He just laid there Gorden took him round his middle to try to help him up but I had to come and get his harness and we put it on to get him up and I held him so he could finish what he had started.

He is now able able to get up on his own again with some difficulty but his back legs are obviously not holding his weight when he needs a pooh so this will happen again maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but it will and how long do we keep doing this it has broken our hearts to see it and feel we should call it a day now while he still has some dignity.

Am I doing the right thing ? He is eating, drinking and has just barked at the postman a high pitched bark but a bit unusual lately for him to bark he is quite near the door though.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:03 PM
First ((hugs))

Only you know your dog, and only you know how far you would let him go on for.

FWIW, my last Roughie lost the use of his back legs, and collapsing whilst trying to go to the loo was what made our minds up. He made a high pitched cry, and collapsed. He was still eating, and still wanting to play with Kerrie, but couldnt walk (well) and couldnt go to the loo (wee or poo) Its been 5 years this year since we said goodbye, and though my heart still misses him, I know we made the right choice for him there and then

Big hugs to you and to your boy
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:03 PM
aww hun,its sooo hard when the brain is active but the body is not

u know your boy... but not being able to 'be clean' is often distressing for them

..its hard but u do imo have to bear in mind 'a day to soon rather than a day to late'
so hard to make the decision when tho.(but only u and Gorden can make that decision )

big big hugs..i really feel for u xxxxxx
Page 22 of 28 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »