Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 06:09 PM
glad shes back home

good idea about keeping check on msn - at least then you know what she upto, and she never needs to knoe!!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi hun,

I've not read the whole thread, sorry. I'm not surprised you were angry - I'd have been fuming (my lack of patience is a major contributor to my decision not to have kids!)

As I was ill at hormone time, I was a bit moody but never full blown teenager because I had other things to worry about - my sister, although pretty good - was far more of a teenager than me.

To be honest, only recently since my mum took on two jobs and hasn't had the time to do as much as she used to, have I realised how much there is to do. I never stropped off at her, but I did take for granted how much she did.

I'm 19 now and do most of the housework, washing and cleaning but my mum cooks (in the interests of others - I'd probably poison us) and will wash the dishes if I'm not very well or am off out to dog training.

My sister, at 17 does absolutely jack!

I think the major problem today (and please don't think I'm blaming your parenting) is that kids aren't given as much responsibility and consequences as they used to.
I say this because my mum was the same - I've learned a heck of a lot since I've had to do more and almost wish she'd had me doing it from a young age really. I know that when my mum was a child, her and her siblings were left to do the housework and I think it's a good basis to bring kids up on.

So please don't think I'm blaming your parenting - my mum did a fantastic job with us, but still was a bit too easy on us. We should've learned that if we don't do it, it doesn't get done but instead she'd bail us out too much with tidying our stuff and washing and ironing our clothes.

This comes from the least maternal person in the world with no intention of having kids at all!!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4