View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Sit her down and talk to her Sal, what an absolute nightmare, she could have been anywhere what a worry! Thankfully she is home safe now.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Sorry Sal I know I shouldn't laugh because it is very worrying, but I'm afraid it's all down to those nasty hormones.

When my girls were that age and they started to come out with all that crap about nobody ever doing anything for them, well that's exactly what will did for them.

I refused to be the taxi, Michelle refused to do their washing or cook for them and believe me it didn't take them long for them to realise the error of their ways and come back and apologise to us.

Something else that Michelle used to do which used to crack me up was to get them to do all the housework when there used to say to her that you do nothing for us during the day. So as soon as they came home from school she would tell them to hoover the living room and then fill the dishwasher and after that fill the put the washing machine up and put that on. Fold up all the clean clothes and put them away etc. If my memory serves me correctly they only made that statement about Michelle a couple of times.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Little mare she is.......

We've had a lengthy chat whilst doing the food/buffet for O/H birthday bash.I've explained everything and shes said sorry,just wondering how long till the next strop
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Sorry Sal I know I shouldn't laugh because it is very worrying, but I'm afraid it's all down to those nasty hormones.

When my girls were that age and they started to come out with all that crap about nobody ever doing anything for them, well that's exactly what will did for them.

I refused to be the taxi, Michelle refused to do their washing or cook for them and believe me it didn't take them long for them to realise the error of their ways and come back and apologise to us.

Something else that Michelle used to do which used to crack me up was to get them to do all the housework when there used to say to her that you do nothing for us during the day. So as soon as they came home from school she would tell them to hoover the living room and then fill the dishwasher and after that fill the put the washing machine up and put that on. Fold up all the clean clothes and put them away etc. If my memory serves me correctly they only made that statement about Michelle a couple of times.

wish i had done that with my son i dont see anymore maybe he would have realised what i used to do for him

sue
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 05:24 PM
glad she is home safe sal

i have just had a outburst from my 13 year old screaming at me that she wants to go into care cos me and her dad are the most nasty parents on this earth cos hubby took MSN off her computer, cos she kept hiding who she was chatting too everytime we looked, she is now upstairs screaming she hates us
daughters eh
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
glad she is home safe sal

i have just had a outburst from my 13 year old screaming at me that she wants to go into care cos me and her dad are the most nasty parents on this earth cos hubby took MSN off her computer, cos she kept hiding who she was chatting too everytime we looked, she is now upstairs screaming she hates us
daughters eh
You can get msn to save a transcript of whats said and to who. Maybe worth switching it on?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
You can get msn to save a transcript of whats said and to who. Maybe worth switching it on?
Thanx for that Stormey but how do we do that??
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Thanx for that Stormey but how do we do that??
if you open the msn messenger, choose tools, options, messages and then message histroy, click to enable a keep an history of the messages. It also lets you choose where to save the copy. Then you can either password protect the folder or file.

I did this when my neice was staying and she started being funny and hiding the messages boxes, had a read and it was just normal teenage crap.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Thank you very much Stormey
hubby is gonna do it now

and Sal soz for hijacking your thread
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 05:43 PM
So glad to hear she has seen the error of her ways. Sorry but it probably wont last, teenagers are a nightmare. I have a grandaughter of the same age and my daughter has all sorts of problems with her, but I am sure it is just an age thing.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >