Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:09 PM

Now What do I do?

Well,Liz had a mood on her with me last night since walking in from school last night,apparently I do nothing for her Anyway she was still the same this morning,mood on with me,I tryed to have a laugh and joke with her but nothing on her part.

She knocked the dog food over so her Dad told her to clean it up,off she goes in another strop and blamed Tyler for knocking it over,which he didn't.So I started to loose my temper and shouted at her telling her I had,had enough of her stroppy attitude since yesterday.She gave me a mouthful back threw the dustpan and brush at me and walked out the door.....leaving me so angry.

So left it 1/2 an hour and tryed to ring her,she's switched her phone off....So I thought she's gone to her friends,checked with them,she's not there either,So I haven't got a clue where she is or who she's with.O/H said to leave her and she'll come back when she's ready.I'm starting to worry and I'm so angry with her.

Any advice guys........
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:14 PM
What a worry for you

Does she have anywhere nearby she would just go to cool off a park, arcade or similar.

Maybe you could send her a text and explain that you are worried and that you need to talk to her without it being an argument??? Sorry I don't know how old she is? But its unlikely she will survive without having her phone on for too long!

When you do get in touch although it will be very hard try to say that she made you angry but you have "obviously" made her angry so you need to talk about it????

Sorry if this isnt much help
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Well can't advise on how to get her back and I'm not surprised you're worried (as well as angry)
However, if she truely believes that you do nothing for her then personally I would do nothing for her, no washing, cleaning or cooking. You wouldn't have to do it for very long for her to realise what you do do. How old is she?
Becky
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:15 PM
oh hun. its tough being a mum at times hey - my daughter is the same! my daughter is 12, not sure how old yours is but i'm guessing maybe a simalar age?

My daughter does exactly what you've just said on a regular basis, i wouldn't chase her. she'll come back when she's ready. I know it worring, but i'm sure she'll be ok.

keep your chin up hun. x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks Guys,

She's 12 the same as your daughter Mel and over the last 6 months turned into the daughter from hell,sometimes.....

Other days she's fine but just lately she's really pushing the boundries.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Is it hormone time or has that been and gone?
Becky
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:35 PM
oh god yeah they do push the limit hey - i know it well!

though i have found lately that if i don't yell back at her she has no comeback for me!!
you have to think, shes yelling at you and not wanting to back down, you're yelling at her and not backing down because you're her mum - which means that a negative has been met with a negative and nobodys going to win

will she sit and talk to you when she's calmer?
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Sounds like hormones to me sorry your having a tough time with her, my best advice is not to let her know you're worried about her (even though you're out of your mind with worry ), or she'll use it against you everytime, and as Becky said, if she thinks you don't do anything for her, then don't, even if it's only for a day or 2, just to show her how much you actually do do, it's very difficult to know what to say about her pushing the boundaries, a friend of mine has a 15 year old daughter who has been left to do as she pleases, and she brags about going into pups and drinking shots of Sambuca and getting drunk, and her mum thinks it ok
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:40 PM
At 12 I wouldn`t think she would be gone long. She will probably be worrying about the reaction on her return so maybe a text to say you realise she is upset and you want to talk it through calmly together? That way she knows she can come back without another huge row developing? My daughter is also 12.....
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 12:47 PM
oh so sorry u are having probs with your daughter, can i break it to u gently. they get worse as they get older. ive got 2 daughters who are in the 30s and im having mega probs with them, funnily enough the one who im not having probs with is the 20 yr old.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >