View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Glad you all made it, did it blow the fence down to save you a job?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 12:13 PM
You poor wee Scots people I hope it all calms down soon for you.
Tis Burns night tonight isn't it? Have fun.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Misery after misery here.I was out dog walking today,I'm saying dog walking but they all were confined to barracks as their owners only wanted their dogs taken out into their gardens.

Mines will go out in all weathers and thought it was great getting up to their elbows in muck.Needless to say I was well prepared and didn't mind myself as there were only the die hard walkers today.

I did get about reasonably well,I passed a fire crew battling to stop a pub from being flooded.Most of the roads are passable but I can see some being closed soon.

Phil and Callum are you two still ok?xxxxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
What a night it's been here. High winds and non stop rain. I've been up all night as the rain has been coming in our bedroom window, and I've had to put towels along the windowsill to mop it up. They have been changed about five times, so the washing machine has been on all night as well. I haven't had much sleep at all, so you can imagine the mood I'm in. Now the water is coming in the hall ceiling as well. There must be a slate missing on the roof.Ahhhh!!!!! So I just went swimming, thought might as well, cant be any more miserable, but I have enjoyed my swim. A lot of the roads around here a blocked with flooding, and I see the railway connection between here and Cumbernauld is blocked as well. It doesn't look as if it's going to get an better so i can't see the dogs going far today.They won't even go out for a pee.
The slates are still there, though two have been blown out of line, but I aint goin up on the roof 'till the wind's died down, so get the towels out again.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
The slates are still there, though two have been blown out of line, but I aint goin up on the roof 'till the wind's died down, so get the towels out again.
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 and switch that light off, xxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 and switch that light off, xxxxxxxx
Oh yeah, forgot about THAT, I fell asleep on the sofa last night, was aroused at 5am this morning, OH standing in the hall saying "there's water pouring down the light flex in the hall denis", she had the light on as well , I said "switch the light off you silly (~*%*?#) ".
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Oh yeah, forgot about THAT, I fell asleep on the sofa last night, was aroused at 5am this morning, OH standing in the hall saying "there's water pouring down the light flex in the hall denis", she had the light on as well , I said "switch the light off you silly (~*%*?#) ".
Bet your glad she doesn't smoke and it wasn't a gas leak,:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 xxxxxxxxxx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Phil and Callum are you two still ok?xxxxxxxxxx
Yes - It's died down a bit but there's a few streets in darkness. There's hydro vans dotted about the village fixing lines.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Yes - It's died down a bit but there's a few streets in darkness. There's hydro vans dotted about the village fixing lines.
Good, It's still bucketing here xxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 05:08 PM
yup.. not to nice here, but then again im only a stones throw from nero and boobah, bet stevens cursing at the cottages,,,they tend to have power cuts in bad weather, that and the wind sounds like a demon coming through the vents,,,steven being a big jessy,,,gets all wound up about it in the dark, lmaorof, x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >