Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I was close then Samurai/Siamese

He did breed quite a few..but had smaller tanks floating in bigger ones and some halved and stuff..he had a few males (they had bigger fins I think females weren't so fancy)
That was to keep the males separated, you don't need large volumes of water with lots of oxygen in it, they take half their oxygen from the surface air.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Three tanks!
How often do you have to do water changes?

I keep a tank of fancy goldfish - oranda, black moor. I've had a platy for cleaning the gravel for a while but lost him a few months back. Waiting for the fish man to get some more in, he sells more tropicals than cold.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Three tanks!
How often do you have to do water changes?

I keep a tank of fancy goldfish - oranda, black moor. I've had a platy for cleaning the gravel for a while but lost him a few months back. Waiting for the fish man to get some more in, he sells more tropicals than cold.
50% water change every 8 weeks, I have external power filters that pump 300 gallons an hour through them, so every drop of water in the tanks gets "scrubbed" 10 times every hour.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow! Might have to look into more up to date filters then.
We have to do a 25% change every week, and we have two internal fluval filters. I feel a chat coming on in the fish shop on Monday
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2