Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Me thinks you need a loose stone flicked up by a passing car to sort out your light problem once and for all
Yes, I'm beginning to get parnaoid now about night lights!!!

Mind you, the neighbours don't know it yet, but I've had the electricians over to sort out all my new outside lighting system for the new front gardene, I'm even going to light up a great big horse chestnut tree in the bottom corner and have washed walls on the house and moonlighting etc. etc. Blooming 'eck, they won't know what's hit 'em!!!! At least I'll be getting my own back when I flick that switch won't I!!! Can't wait!!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 11:48 PM
We have a security light on the back of our garage which ends in the far left hand corner of our garden - directly backing onto Jeff's garden Can you ask him if he has any problems with our light H and let me know
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2008, 08:30 AM
hi gots

we also have a neighbour from hell, pensioner with an ASBO. With his security lights, industrial size lights on day and night, he also put up security cameras with a large tv screen built into his wall, and makes his own parking tickets and puts them on cars.

I was very tempted to let my son have a few shots at the lights with his air rifle lol

but no need, the old git has moved out

he has not gone for good though, he still comes back at weekends.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 08:47 AM
This has been a good thread, thought it was only my area the shop assistants so bad, (we do have a few good ones) I hate it now with these rules they have to approach a customer as soon as she walks into the shop not allowing a look around, think its worse for me in young folks shops, I always get, can I help you? So a month or so ago fed up with it I asked for a chair and cup of coffee, did not get either though just a dumb look as that was not in their training!! Will have fun today shopping as going to take notes, will report back how it went x
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2008, 09:08 AM
and back to customers from hell

One we have Mr W, has now been banned from most of the charity shops.

Bearing in mind that the money we make is for a children's hospice. He always tries to get everything cheaper, swaps price tickets, brings things back for a refund when has not bought them in our shop, always asks for a discount, he is a total pain in the a*** and after being extremely rude to one of the till assistants is now banned from our shop.

But last week he excelled himself, his latest money saving scam is to go to a cafe, eat half of his meal then take it back for a refund saying that his food is cold. He did it too many times in the co-op, so I had a smile on my face when I saw him being ejected by the security guard, he is now banned from the co-op as well
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Morning GOTS, Lol at you lot whilst I've been away!!!!

I doubt it Tracy coz yours is a security light, which outside lights should be overnight not the ones that stay on permanently.

Well, at 5.00 pm. ALL the lights went out in the top flat across the road!!!!! Mum and I laughed coz I said they must be frightened to put any lights on now after my polite note I put through their door! She said I'm going to get evicted from our village!!! It stayed that way all night I am pleased to say Then when I got into bed at 10pm I thought "oh no, they've put that light on again" and when I looked through the blinds, it was a light on outside the flats further up the road, but I don't think I'll go there, coz I'm gonna end up plunging the whole village into total blackout!!!!

I have emailed my council though Environmental Health Dept, and told them what I've done and asked them what their ruling is on these darn bright outside lights that stay on all night, so it will be interesting to hear back from them - if I DO of course!!!

This will be a trauma free day for me today coz I'm not going shopping, but hopefully Petebren might come back with some tales to report!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by petebren View Post
This has been a good thread, thought it was only my area the shop assistants so bad, (we do have a few good ones)
Oh no Petebren I can assure you this is a unniversal problem which TBH only the combined might of the UN and NATO will be able to change

OH decided to visit the big city this week in the hope of finding a better choice of shops and services, (there's an M&S, Bodyshop, and Carrefour as well as a good few German outlets.)

But I still expect to get a horror report when she returns In this part of the world it's the opposite of UK, here it's much better to aim for an under 30 shop assistant, if you go for the older then you really do meet the shop assitant from hell, since they've all been 'trained' under the communist regime where the mantra was "You're lucky to get what you see so don't give me any agro or I'll report you to the secret Police"

I was going to put a laughing emoticon after that last paragraph but decided not to because it's so true and not really a laughing matter
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Well it certainly made me laugh H!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well it certainly made me laugh H!!!!
Yes, we laugh about it now, how times change.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 02:08 PM
one name -

Marks and spencers!!!!
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »