View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 10:46 AM
when we moved recently id been in touch with BT and arranged for the phone to be cut off on the day of the move,(which they did) id also arranged for a nice deal. free calls evening n weekends all for 11 quid a month.
so a couple of weeks ago i get a letter from bt, a mandate for 26 quid a month. so i ring up and get this *idiot* who can only read whats in front of him on the PC, he was a robot!!!!! i explained to him i wasnt going to pay 26 quid a month.i could of arranged with virgin for 30 quid a month for phone/bb/tv. so why would i pay 26 quid a month. 3/4 of an hour later im at the point where im tearing my hair out.he wouldnt have it about my arrangement.so i said cut me off at the end of the month and ill go with the cable company. so he has said he will get the call back team to ring me back, which they didnt so i rang them back. got a lovely english lady, sorted it out within 5 minutes.and lots of apoligies about the previous fellas behavior.
so im paying 11 quid a month a bit on top for day time calls. sorted.
but id wish they had kept their call centers in england.at least we have a fighting chance of understanding whats being said.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
we had probs once at nandos and complained to head office, we got a voucher for a free meal id go for it if i was you.
But did the service improve

A voucher for a free meal is one thing, but if Head Office management have the view that thay can 'buy' off unhappy customers I would be upset. Does a voucher for a free meal really make that much difference what I think you would have preffered to hear was that the people involved had been 'spoken' too that they had been enrolled in further trainning, and that they had agreed to make more of an effort, and if they didn't then goodbye employee.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Dunno, but I've made a note in my diary,

DO NOT GET IN FRONT OF H54 IN THE JANUARY SALES.
No, you'd definitely get flattened - have you seen the boots I wear!!!!

Originally Posted by angied View Post
we took my sons phone to be repaird ar car phone warehouse along with my daughters. hers was done in a week his had to be sent off. that was in november got a couple of new phones for me and oh from same place (mine had a dodgy sim card and i had to tell them what it was!) kept asking where sons phone was still in repair. eventually end of dec manager said as it was over 28 days and the warehouse had admitted losing it we could have a new one. 2 weeks later still waiting spoke to manager told them I insisted i wanted a new phone by friday at the latest. was told sorry madam cannot be done I said yes it could he insisted NO it couldnt . so emailed charles dunstone director of cpw told him what crap service i had and that NO-ONE had ever telephoned me i had always had to telephone them. next day got a call from head office new phone in store and it was only Tuesday!!!! so dont speak to the dip sticks in the shop go straight to their boss!!
Glad you got there in the end, and you're right, go straight for the jugular - head office no less! Works every time

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well I reckon you and me are safe Dennis (being about 700 miles away). God help anyone closer
:

Lol, yes, now the World's getting smaller you better watch out hadn't you!!!!

Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
Well all I can add to this thread is to agree that some shop assistants need a kick up the a***. When it comes to assisting they haven't a clue, and as for the bag packers, I can't see them far enough. If they are going to give people these jobs they should ensure that the training is a bit more adequate. I get sick to death of assistants who stand and gab while you are obviously waiting to be served. I was a shop assistant years ago, and if I had carried on the way they do now, I would have had my a*** kicked out the door, but then again we live in a different era now don't we. Where attitudes are different and nobody gives a **** whether they are providing a good service or not. Then again we have the customers who have always to pay with credit cards, no matter how small the purchase is i.e. £1 20, this really pisses me off. Can't they carry SOME small change at all.
I was going to add a story about surgeries and chemists but my blood pressure can't cope, so I'll leave that for another rant , along with the MALE DRIVERS UNDER 25!!!!!!!!!!!:
Hit it in one there, nobody does do they! Don't talk to me about the credit card thing for a small purchase either, that hacks me off too! What ever happened to cash in this society??

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Well hopefully H, you are now tucked up in bed without that bright light shining through your window

The clock incident, happened to coincide with yesterday ( chloe's car day)

Oh bought me a clock for Christmas, fab clock, and a few quid Well since opening it Christmas Day, it has worked intermittently, and to be perfectly honest it is not good enough

So instead of me launching into one at the shop oh decided to deal with it himself! ( because he knew I would ) Well it was the 17th January yesterday, some 5 weeks after purchasing the clock!! Still no joy, no replacement, nothing, so I called the shop and the guy started to ask some very bizarre questions:
Is it hung in a dark room Sorry ??
Have you checked the batteries but you put brand new ones in on the day of purchase, and the clock has not been in full time operation and it went on and on

By this time my patience was running rather thin, and I said to him put yourself in my shoes, what is the least you would expect ? A refund or a replacement he replied - exactly.....

This evening I received a phone call to say that he had contacted the rep and he was in receipt of a replacement clock - funny yesterday he said it would take 10 days

The trouble is today people spin you a load of lies, just to get you off their backs, so to speak. Do they think you/the problem will go away once you have spent good money with them ? No it will not - so why on earth could this not have been sorted out the very first day of trading after Christmas ??? It's beyond me tbh, because now I have the view that this shop provides BAD service, and that message will travel a lot further - don't you think ?
YOu should have known better than to leave it to a man Tracy I really don't think they're taken as seriously as us GOTS when we're all fired up, we frighten the pants off them I'm sure we do!! LOl!

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Well I am officialy a GOT too. Went out straight from work tonight with the only other female in my new department and we get on like a house on fire! Sat in the pub having a conversation about world domination and how we're going to use our feminine wiles to get around a particularly male chauvinist member of staff we both have to deal with.
Group of 6 blokes come in and commandere the rest of the bar that we're sat in. Immediately launch into inappropriate conversations which we manage to ignore. We get up to leave to catch the next bus and one of the blokes says 'we'll take over where you were sitting but may have to sniff the seat after you're gone'Dirty git! Anyway, get to the bus stop and realise we have 1/2 an hour before it's due. What's left to do? Go back to the pub and have another drink. Go back into the pub and sit back down in the midst of mr mouthy who thinks he's clever making sexist comments cause he thinks we're not coming back. Strange but as we sit back down beside him, he is strangely silent! and very embarrassed.
Oh Jackie, I'd have loved to have been with you on that one!!! Especially when you went back in, the tables would have turned big time!!!!

Originally Posted by arctic.wolf View Post
and another rant, I'm determined to join your got club

why do useless foreign male call centre staff, always say their name is Kevin, 'hello mrs ----- my name is Kevin' there must be more people named Kevin in Mumbai than the rest of the world put together lol
Yes, that's another thing about these foreign call centres, for one thing you can't understand a word they're saying, but then I just ask them to repeat it all the time, that gets up their nose! The last one asked me which part I wanted him to repeat, so I just said "all of it please"! Lol! Btw, 10 out of 10 for trying, I'm sure you'll be eligible now!!!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
My latest grouch is as follows:
Recently, Baz and I went into Nandos, Croydon for some lunch. I wanted my chicken to NOT be coated with sauce before it was dished up (it should be crispy IMO) and explained for about 3 minutes to a girl that just looked at me blankly......
The penny dropped - she knew just the menu in english....

One other person who spoke some english then listened while I explained my request again - at first he looked totally blank, and Baz asked "is there anyone here who speaks english?". The Nandos guy convinced me he understood what I wanted.

However, and this was certainly no shock to me, it didn't happen.

It's the last time I go in there so they've lost money, and it serves them right. I shall cook peri peri chicken at home - mine's better anyway - and they can spin.

I noticed they'd even taken away their customer service cards "Did we cluck up?" that are usually on the table.

I suspect they had to employ more people to deal with the complaints......

Rant over
What can I say Vicki???! For one thing, I cannot believe in the area you live in, big companies like this employ people who can't speak English to take the orders! That's beyond me!!! I've given up sending stuff back, which I always used to do if it wasn't "perfect" and as I had ordered it, coz I've now watched too many programmes of what they do with my meal behind the scenes!!!!! Some of the chef's special dressings and all that!!!! No way, I just leave it, complain, and say I'm not gonna pay, much to Dave's embarrassment!!!

Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
when we moved recently id been in touch with BT and arranged for the phone to be cut off on the day of the move,(which they did) id also arranged for a nice deal. free calls evening n weekends all for 11 quid a month.
so a couple of weeks ago i get a letter from bt, a mandate for 26 quid a month. so i ring up and get this *idiot* who can only read whats in front of him on the PC, he was a robot!!!!! i explained to him i wasnt going to pay 26 quid a month.i could of arranged with virgin for 30 quid a month for phone/bb/tv. so why would i pay 26 quid a month. 3/4 of an hour later im at the point where im tearing my hair out.he wouldnt have it about my arrangement.so i said cut me off at the end of the month and ill go with the cable company. so he has said he will get the call back team to ring me back, which they didnt so i rang them back. got a lovely english lady, sorted it out within 5 minutes.and lots of apoligies about the previous fellas behavior.
so im paying 11 quid a month a bit on top for day time calls. sorted.
but id wish they had kept their call centers in england.at least we have a fighting chance of understanding whats being said.
Oh I know that feeling so well!!!!

Well, you guys have been busy whilst I was tucked up in bed last night! What a laugh!!!!

The good news is, although the lights were ON when I went up to bed at 9.30, about half an hour later the whole house was lit up for half an hour........ and then......... total darkness from the WHOLE house!!!! Mum and I jumped up and down and celebrated that I had won!!!!! They must flicked the main electric switch or something!!!

So, this morning, I felt kind of guilty and smug at the same time, so I did a very nice letter (well, I thought it was, but Dave said the last part was quite aggressive, coz I just had to mention that they ought to change the ultra bright bulb anyway, because although I recognised their need for security around their own house, did it have to include mine????!!Lol!)So I had to write it again, with my tongue between my cheek, made it all nicey nicey and popped it through their door. Hopefully, they will now think I'm not the ogre I appeared to be yesterday, but then I wasn't was I? She was the one being a*sy!!! I'm gonna have fun with her if if is them moving in, but I honestly think it's her parents, I'm hoping so.

I didn't go to M & S coz we've got caught up with electrician and pc bod, so I will do them on Monday!! Watch this space!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by arctic.wolf View Post
all you grumpy old tarts out there, please spare a thought for all of us that work in charity shops and suffer from dumb customer syndrome lol
The clothes we sell are obviously donated, we don't have it in the next size up, and we don't have the curtains in a slightly darker shade of blue, and another pair of the same shoes you saw in here 6 weeks ago, but you didn't buy them then.
we just have to smile, be polite and courteous, when we just want to scream f*** off you dumb gormless cow !!!!!

rant over
That made me chuckle! Can totally see where you're coming from having spent most of my working life dealing with the general public! When I worked on a market stall it seemed that everyone wanted the one thing you didn't have and when you told them the item had sold out last week (when they had the chance to buy it, but declined) it was like the world had ended!!!!!

A good one that really winds me up working as a Nurse is when giving out medications many patients look at the tablets (the tablets they been on for many, many years more often than not!) and then ask "Do you want me to take all of these"! At which I sweetly reply "Yes please" when what I'm really thinking is....."No, I tell you what, you take the ones you like the look of and see what happens!".

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Lol at you Rips, take the ones you like the look of!!!! My Mum does that nearly every day, and she says they're all "for her circulation" coz it's so bad, but the funny thing is, none of them are!!!! If it makes her feel better though

I made a very big mistake yesterday, by going out later than 11 am. on a Sunday!!!! Dave wanted to get something, so I went with him to pop into Sainsbury's and Pets@Home, and that was an even bigger mistake. When I ventured into P@H, I took one look at the queue at the ONE OPEN checkout and walked back out again!!! Surely, they had more than one poor girl working on a Sunday morning? Maybe she was the only one willing to do her job and the others were in the rest room having their coffee I supppose - well it was Sunday morning, I expect they were all feeling a tad rough after a Saturday night!!!

Next stop Sainsbury's. Well, the car park was busier than a week day, BUT, what I can't understand is, most of them were older people who obviously weren't working, so why oh why do they do their shop on the week-ends when the workforce HAS to????!! I can never fathom that one out? There were people just reversing out into the main thoroughfare, with their heads still facing the front, and one bloke kept on coming, and I was too busy trying to manouvre around him to find the blooming horn, coz he zoomed out at me so darn quick! Dave was having a nervous breakdown with his "watch out's" and "Jeeze's" and tutting, so I turned to him and said, "it's not my bl**dy fault, I am allowed to drive along the middle of the parked cars, they shouldn't just be pulling out, they should be looking to see if they CAN pull out, i.e. when nothing's coming!" Grrrrrrr. So he's blaming me???? We came home empty handed and Dave had to take more Valium! Lol! Weeeeeeeell! I ask you!!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol at you Rips, take the ones you like the look of!!!! .................................................. ..............................We came home empty handed and Dave had to take more Valium! Lol!
Are you trying to turn him into junky I like old cars 'cos the horn was always slam bang in the middle of the wheel, you never had to think WTF is it you just blasted the moron reversing toward you

Still laughing at Rips "Just take the ones you like the look of..............."
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 05:39 PM
LOl yes, me too!!! As for that horn, it's somewhere on the side, but only big enough for your thumb to fit into it, when you can find it of course in the thick steering wheel that seems to have somehow all got filled up in the middle hasn't it???!!! I nearly broke my thumb off whilst turning the wheel and frantically trying to find it, but it wouldn't have worked anyway would it, even if I had!!!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I've worked in retail before so can appreciate that a certain amount of customers set out to be rude and difficult but looking at it for the other side, I'm fast running out of places to shop as I can't bear to part with my hard earned cash if I feel a shop doesn't deserve it!

Currys is out for me too, when Dave & I first moved in together we got a washing machine and tumble dryer from there, all they were interested in was trying to sell the extended warrantys for them. Don't even get me started on the community service type pikeys that turned up to deliver them

One of my local garden centres is also out. When we moved my mum ordered us some garden furniture. The first table delivered had a great big crack in it and the second one wasn't much better. A long complaint letter followed, a full refund and some vouchers - thanks, I'll spend them but after they're gone I won't be setting foot in your shop again.

I'd rather go further afield and pay more money in a shop I liked that looked after it's customers than in a shop that caused me to rant.

My example of a dumb shop assistant moment: I brought a top from House of Fraser, When I got home I realised that the assistant hadn't taken the tag off (the alarm didn't go off as I left). Took it back and said to the girl. 'Hello, I brought this top yesterday and got it home and realised the tag was still on it. I have my receipt here'. She smiled brightly and asked 'Would you like me to take the tag off for you?' Well now, there's an idea!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Lol, so did you say that to her then, I bet she was waiting for an answer!!!

You talking about those tags, I once bought a pair of boots where they'd left one in, in one boot only, and everytime I walked IN to Sainsbury's, B & Q or Tesco I set all the alarms off!! Tesco was the worst, they used to frisk me and empty my handbag, but then the lady got used to me and used to just let me go through!!!! We just couldn't fathom out what it was that was setting the alarms off, until I noticed the big lump in the boot one day, and it was a nightmare trying to get it out too!! That was quite fun whilst it lasted though, especially as it was on my way IN as well as OUT!!

This morning, went into Boots and the queue was very long as per usual, only one girl on the checkout , so I went over to the Pharmacy coz they can take your baskets and there was nobody there (smart move!). Two girls were standing behind the counter idly chatting away as they do, and just as I got there, a manager went up to them, and started discussing shelf arrangements in the store. Now he KNEW I was standing waiting to be served, so he didn't do what I would have expected of him, like say to the girls "serve the customer please and then I'll discuss things with you" oh no, he carried on his conversation with them whilst they listened intently!!!!! I didn't say anything this time, I let him finish, then I gave him that "look" when he walked away! Lol! That made me feel better.

NOw I've got to sort out the people on the other corner of the Close, who have yet another bright light glaring into my bedroom all night long, just like the one up the road, which I've now managed to put out. If they want a blooming light outside their front door which is on the side of the house, so it glares into my bedroom all blooming night, then why can't they fit a security light that only comes on when needed! Not only is it a waste of electricity, but it's unsociable. We don't have streetlights in our little village, so it sticks out like a sore thumb at night. I will do a very nice letter and ask them politely, coz they are nice people and should oblige, although I know what I'm going to get aren't I? Just like the other one "oh we can't turn it off"!!!!! Better watch this space!!! Lol! I'm gonna get my face rearranged one of these days aren't I the way I'm going!!!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol, so did you say that to her then, I bet she was waiting for an answer!!!
lol, no, I was just so stunned I said 'Yes please'. Granted I didn't put it down on the counter and say 'I'd like you to take this tag off please', I didn't really think it was necessary. It's like when I'm in the supermarket and I put things on the belt I just say 'Hello' and not 'Hello. I would like to buy these items please'! It was that she looked so pleased with her idea that threw me totally, I mean why on earth did she think I'd brought it back in the first place!

Talking shop when there is a customer waiting is just rude. As I say, I've worked in retail and unless it was an urgent matter, like someone was shoplifting, I would always prioritise the customer.

Me thinks you need a loose stone flicked up by a passing car to sort out your light problem once and for all
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »