View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I think they need to change there customer polietness policy Denis , There staff are down right arrogant and rude I dont think i would of held my tongue to hear an elderly person spoken to like that xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Poor old man there Nero You see, they like to intimidate don't they, especially the vulnerable, like this poor old man

Well, for me today it was a new kitchen in B & Q, so I collared a very nice middle-aged woman and she was only too pleased to help! Yes, I was shocked too, but then thinking about it, she was middle-aged and grateful for her job! She couldn't have been more helpful, and I had a senior moment with the granite inset sink I wanted, which seemed to go on and on with Dave saying one thing, her saying another (trying to be helpful) and me with an idea in my head which wasn't going to happen anyway! Lol! We did laugh, and she said she was only doing a lot of talking to give poor Dave a break!! We made an appointment for tomorrow at 10 coz we didn't have exact measurements, so I warned her to take extra valium in the morning, but she said it would only take an hour which she thought she could handle, but she didn't hold out much hope for Dave coz he's gotta live with me!!! She did make me laugh, and I think we made her day, although when we went outside to the car, we saw her standing there chatting to her friend on a break, and she seemed to be chain smoking rather heavily I wonder why????!!!!

Now that's more like it! Give them a friendly approach and they sort of join in the fun rather than make you feel inadequate or give you the couldn't care a less attitude. It was a pleasure to shop there today, and I will definitely be making a point of giving her a pat on the back to Head Office! I wonder if this is WHY B & Q are opting for employing older people nowadays?? Makes you wonder doesn't it!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
We have a security light on the back of our garage which ends in the far left hand corner of our garden - directly backing onto Jeff's garden Can you ask him if he has any problems with our light H and let me know
Well would you adam and eve it, I got a knock at the door yesterday - it was Jeff

Since our massive shed has been dismantled and cleared the security light has apparently been beaming into his bedroom. He said probably the wind/weather has been setting it off, plus shed may have disguised it previously!

Well, after I mentioned it to Nigel - he did nothing But as soon as I said Jeff had been round to say the light had infact troubled them - he was down the bottom of the garden re: positioning it!

I was in Beales the other day looking for a particular sized bra, and they tangle up with all their swing tickets. So as i was going through the rack checking sizes they kept falling off the arm. (that really annoys me) So there i am bending down picking them all up and putting them all back on the arm.

... then a sales assistant came over and asked "can I help you" "yes please I replied" (attentive I thought)
I said I have been all through looking for a size blah blah, and wondered if you have any more stock. Well, i couldn't believe it when she started the same performance as I had just painstakingly carried out ?????? "No" sorry we don't have your size out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Er... that's what I had just told her .....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh I've been there too Tracy!!!!! It always happens doesn't it??? If you ask for just about anything that isn't out coz you've already looked and twice, they do the same ritual as you've just done!!! Is it because they don't believe us??? Wouldn't it be easier to just say "sorry, but if it's not there we haven't got it" or even better "I'll go and check out the back and see if we have any"!!!! Clockwork mate, robots!!!!!

It's a good job I pointed out about those glaring night lights then isn't it, or you might not have been too keen to move it as quickly? Meanwhile, I've got a solar spotlight fetish, and I've just about turned the front garden into a night display of shimmering led's underneath the bamboo's, it looks great and they're on ALL NIGHT!!! Love it, but then they're not bright and they're quietened down with the bamboo, so I shouldn't be getting a knock on the door - I hope! Anyway, the garden's so big it really wouldn't disturb anyone - I think!

I cancelled the B & Q kitchen design this morning coz I don't like their african black granite, it's not quite right, not shiny enough, so I'll be going elsewhere for the kitchen No doubt I'll be reporting back on that one!
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12