View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 08:58 AM
so sorry to read this TB .................

Dave had the lock on his car done in a few weeks ago cost him £100 to replace it money he has saved for christmas
total swines theiving gits
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Big hugs to your daughter and to you. I know how she feels and it is horrible feeling. I had my first car a week when it was broken into. The first thing that went though my mind was what could they possibly be trying to steal, I didn't even have a tape or can of deicer or anything in there at that stage. Then I looked at all the wires that had been yanked out underneath the steeering wheel and I realised that it was the car that had been the target.

It makes you feel sick to the core to know that someone has been in your car. Evil scum
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Well today my daughter has had a roller coaster of emotions.

The Police visited our home this morning, looked over the car, and said they were unable to find any real evidence. Apparently it has happened before, and on a Thursday ?? There is a car auction site directly next door, and you have guessed it - it is held on a Thursday.

Next was the selected repair firm, who have taken the car away to carry out a full inspection and provide a quote to the insurance. (New door required as repair not viable/possible) The car is expected to be away for at least a week! and possibly longer So Mum & Dad have now put on their "Taxi" caps.

She will be unable to hire a car, as she has found out today most companies require driver's to be over 21.

This evening she received a call to say a friend of someone she knows has "today" been offered some In-car entertainment so we will have to wait and see what the outcome of this is!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 07:20 PM
and so it goes on then Tracy I suppose this is yet another learning curve for her at her young age, the joys of things to come in life hey? I think in future she should get one of those special marker pens and mark her cd's etc. and that way, if ever she hears of some in-car entertainment being offered in her circle of friends at least she'll know if it's hers! Poor girl, give her a hug from me.xxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
and so it goes on then Tracy I suppose this is yet another learning curve for her at her young age, the joys of things to come in life hey? I think in future she should get one of those special marker pens and mark her cd's etc. and that way, if ever she hears of some in-car entertainment being offered in her circle of friends at least she'll know if it's hers! Poor girl, give her a hug from me.xxxxx

Thanks H

I have been a busy bee too, phoning cash convertor's and the local paper etc etc. Just think the more people get to hear about this, the further it will travel, and not to give up hope entirely - the culprits may be found!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 08:31 PM

Oh Tracy, I really hope things get better for you pretty soon.
What a bad few days you are having.
{{{{hugs}}}} to you and your daughter and I hope you have a good weekend :smt058
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I have been a busy bee too, phoning cash convertor's and the local paper etc etc.
Smart thinking there T - These scumbags know very well that they have to move the stolen items quickly so if the local rag and CC can highlight the crime people may get put off bidding for it and the felons will get no pay off.

I have used many different hire car firms in the last three years and they all refuse to hire to under 21's, a case of your poor daughter paying for the antics of other under 21's who I think I'm right in saying are almost always male Tis not fair is it

Hope she feeling better today.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Quick update: Car arrived back home yesterday = happy daughter..... but now she wants to change it So we have tried to discourage this for the time being.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4