Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I feel so sorry for her and she is absolutely devastated ( was the pressie we bought her when she passed her test last year)....................
........................but again, what a sad society we live in
Tracy,
So sorry to read about this and fully understand how upset your daughter must be and you too.

As you said the modern world is a sad world at times like this.

Also, regretably I fear there is not much chance of the bu ggers getting caught as there are presumably no witnesses and the goods will be quickly sold in a pub or boot market.

And as we've seen with your friends attacker, even if they are caught, the punishment will hardly fit the crime.

If one of them was involved in a car accident tommorrow and needed a transplant would you be happy to give it (Of course you would need to be carrying a donor card and be dead )but you know what I mean
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
So sorry to hear about your daughters car, I know just how you feel, it happened to my son, they broke the windscreen and took his sat nav which was in the glove compartment. I had already nagged him about leaving it in there. Its such a rotten shame, your poor daughter I would like to chop their thieving hands off.
I remember that post of yours Kate They would chops your hands off if this had happened in Dubai !

Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Oh Tracey I am so sorry to hear this happened to your daughter. I agree it is a sad society that we live in when you can't even park your car safely

Isn't it disgusting that not only they get away with the theft and the hurt it causes, but then the insurance premiums will go up to add insult to injury. Where's the justice in that?:smt009

I hope the scumbags get caught
Thank you Anne-Marie, No justice eh!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So sorry for your Daughter,I have had 2 cars stolen in the past and know just how she feels. These people want theirs ar**s kicking.
Thank you Lynn, it's a wonder why we all work to improve our standard of living really isn't it ?

Originally Posted by suze View Post

totally agree - just what i was thinking

hope she gets the car sorted... i hope the insurance covers things that shes lost..((((hugs))))
Thanks Suze - Mum & Dad to the rescue !

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
No it's not the point. These people make me bl***y mad.
My son had his wing mirrors ripped off twice last year.
Unfortunately he lives on the main route from the local rugby club and they come out of there tanked up and just cause meyhem.
Needless to say the police don't want to know.
Sorry to hear that Nippy! Nothing is safe nowadays!

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Big hugs Tracy. xxxx
Thanks A - hugs accepted
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Tracy,
So sorry to read about this and fully understand how upset your daughter must be and you too.

As you said the modern world is a sad world at times like this.

Also, regretably I fear there is not much chance of the bu ggers getting caught as there are presumably no witnesses and the goods will be quickly sold in a pub or boot market.

And as we've seen with your friends attacker, even if they are caught, the punishment will hardly fit the crime.

If one of them was involved in a car accident tommorrow and needed a transplant would you be happy to give it (Of course you would need to be carrying a donor card and be dead )but you know what I mean
Harvey, that was a very poignant reply and could go miles off topic now - but I won't

They say revenge may be sweet, but surely that makes you as bad as the perpetrator!

My oh said they are scum and would take great delight in refusing !
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 09:15 PM
It's so common, Tracy, and the thieves look in the most obvious place for the face - where most of us (predictably) put the thing!
Hugs to you all honey xoxox
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It's so common, Tracy, and the thieves look in the most obvious place for the face - where most of us (predictably) put the thing!
Hugs to you all honey xoxox
Thank you Vicki, it's her Birthday April - so you can guess what she will want
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Big Hugs, I am sorry to hear about this, and yes it is a sad state of affairs
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Big Hugs, I am sorry to hear about this, and yes it is a sad state of affairs
Thank you Imac77, very much appreciated

Thank you all for replying to my post, and all the support you give - fantastic bunch x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 10:52 PM
My sympathy.............know just how she feels
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes, it's a sad society we live in, what a shame , I have a removeable face-plate on mine but it's also key-coded, so even if they nicked it they would have to get it re-chipped.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
My sympathy.............know just how she feels
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Yes, it's a sad society we live in, what a shame , I have a removeable face-plate on mine but it's also key-coded, so even if they nicked it they would have to get it re-chipped.
Thank you both!

The police will be calling today to inspect the car, so I have offered to take daughter to work this morning, however she now says she wants to be here when they call. I will let you all know how we get on, but do not expect any miracle's.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >