Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 01:29 PM

terrified cat :(

Well last night, neighbours a few doors away either side were having MASSIVE fireworks displays and one was having a party aswel.
My cat, mo, has never been exposed to firweorks that close and they were all the loud bang ones..she cam running in shot upstairs then tried to run back out so i stopped her- she spent the evening shaking and hiding.
At about 11.30pm i let her back out as firweorks had stopped ..i went to bed only to be woken by the loudest bangs and loads of laughing and car alarms going off aswel as dogs barking. to say i was pi***d off was an understatement i was ready to ring the police as they had really loud music that could be heard clearly(like every word!)
so i will be making sure mo is back in tonight before they start again!
sorry, rant over!!!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 01:47 PM
poor cat have you ever tried feliway? you can either get a spray or a plug in, it has a calmin effect.
ATD x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Well i have honestly never seen her that scared- and she usually comes in at about 8 pm and goes to bed til morning.
I'll see how she is tonight and if shes just as bad then i'll maybe give that a try- im hoping she was just scared cause they were so close.
My worry is she may get too scared to come home. I'll def make sure shes in with us before it gets dark.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 02:21 PM
poor girlie
my cat (rip) developed a fear as he got older.
as said feliway and/or zylkene may help, you must keep her in(and also because of what people can do )
luckily cats are very 'adaptable' as as quickly as they can Psyche themselves up,they can wind themselves back down again.
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Aww i hope your cat is ok they could of had the courtesy to let you know they1 were going to have fireworks the inconsiderate people! i hope you manage to get some sleep tonight