Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 11:31 AM

DIY amputation of his dog's leg

How low can some people go and they can themselves human? I think not

Prosser claimed the dog had developed a wound on the paw and that he saw signs of gangrene so he turned his kitchen into an operating theatre to carry out the procedure on Bumper.
The dog's leg had been amputated below the knee, leaving a mass of red tissue. Prosser said that after the dog had developed gangrene he used a hammer and an electric saw to cut it off and cauterised the wound with an iron bar that had been heated up on his stove.
Follow link for full story
http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Sate...t&pg=RSPCAHome
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2005, 11:39 AM
omg thats completley sickening, how could someone in all honesty do that, how? why? just the thought is enough to curl your hair, but knowing someone has done such an act is just disgraceful, yet another reason to be ashamed of affiliating with mankind!
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 12:07 PM
He should be banned from keeping animals for the rest of his life not just ten years!!!! That poor, poor dog!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I was horrified when I read it a while back.

I think the guy is unemployed and went to the vets first but could not afford the fees...

Since that happened the RSPCA has announced it is opening a 'cut-price' clinic for people who are on low-incomes..
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Utterly discraceful.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Poor poor dog
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
I think the guy is unemployed and went to the vets first but could not afford the fees
Imo that is no excuse and not in the slightest exceptable If every person couldnt afford the treatment of there pets and carried out procedures themselves could you imagine what it would be like. There are many people out there who cant afford vet fees but this doesnt lead them into doing it themselves, he would of been better signing the dog over to a rescue where the correct treatment could be given, thats what happened in the end anyway, except now the rescue has to cover the extra costs of the 'hack' job the man has done. That is no excuse.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 02:24 PM
If he was unemployed he surely would have been entitled to get help with the likes of the PDSA? I don't buy it when people excuse their actions because money is an issue, when we were strapped and my husband lost his job my dogs still got veterinary treatment at one of these clinics and all they ask for is a small token donation of whatever you can afford to give - no animal should suffer in this way it is deplorable
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I agree with you Ozzysmom, thats what I was thinking the PDSA would of helped out but I wasnt too sure how they work, defiantly no excuse then
doggy mad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:55 PM
speechless
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >